Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Kyushu University|
KITAMURA Tai-ichi Kyushu University, Faculty of Science, Professor, 理学部, 教授 (40037239)
SETO Masahiro Tohoku institute of Technology, Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (60085412)
TACHIHARA Hiroshi Kyushu University, Faculty of Science, Research Associate, 理学部, 助手 (00227092)
NISHINO Masanori Nagoya University, Solar-Terrestrial Environment Laboratory, Assistant Professor, 太陽地球環境研究所, 講師 (70023679)
YUMOTO Kiyofumi Nagoya University, Solar-Terrestrial Environment Laboratory, Associate Professor, 太陽地球環境研究所, 助教授 (20125686)
SAKA Ousuke Kyushu University,Faculty of Science, Associate Professor, 理学部, 助教授 (80108638)
高橋 忠利 東北大学, 理学部, 助手 (80004406)
岡野 章一 東北大学, 理学部, 助教授 (10004483)
|Project Period (FY)
1991 – 1993
Completed(Fiscal Year 1993)
|Budget Amount *help
¥28,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥28,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥10,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥10,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥10,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥10,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥8,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,000,000)
|Keywords||Magnetosheric physics / The equatorial magnetic network / The 210 degress meridian magnetic network / Magnetic substorm / Aurora / ULF / VLF / エネルギー輸送 / 地磁気観測 / VLF観測 / ULF観測 / 赤道域 / 超高層大気物理学 / 中緯度 / 超高層大気 / エネルギ-輸送 / 地域気観測|
This is a report of the investigation titled "Magnetospheric energy conversion and transfer to the middle and equatorial upper atmosphere".
The purpose of the present study is to investigate how ULF and VLF propagate to the ground in the lower and equatorial regions.
To carry out this work, a coordinated magnetic network which is globally distributed are necessary to setup.
We have planned to setup the 210 degrees meridian network(Aisan sector) as a main ordinate axis, and 0 degree meridian(European sector) as well as 310 degrees meridian as sub-ordinate axes. We have also set up several magnetometers along the dip equator, such as Yap in West Pacific, Sri Lanka, Cameroon in Africa, Sao Luis in Brazil and Ancon in Peru.
Total number of the stations of network is 60 (30 for Kyushu University, 30 for STEL Nagoya University).
The results are,
1. We have confirmed that the width of the dip equator is considerably narrower(about *3 degrees) in latitude, in relation to the propagation characteristic of the equatorial pi2.
2. Within the dip equator band region, the m-number of the equatorial pi2 would be much less than unity.
3. The equatorial ULFs(Pi2 and Pc4) are found to appear sysnchronously on the grund at the time of enhancement of the low energy electrons(less than 30 KeV) at the synchronous orbit.
4. The frequency of Psc is quite similar at all over the world at the time of SSC, but the wave form is much steeper in daytime than at night, which shows a possibility of propagation character of Psc.
5. The magnetic changes are confirmed to exist in relation to the appearance of low latitude aurora.