Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Tokyo University of Fine Arts and Music|
MUTO Michio Tokyo Univ. Fine Arts and Music, Dept.Fine Arts, Prof., 美術学部, 教授 (50015301)
SUZUKI Hiroyuki Tokyo Univ.,Dept.Engineering, Prof., 工学部, 教授 (00011221)
KASHIMA Susumu Kunitachi College of Music, Dept.Music, Prof., 音楽学部, 教授 (90050781)
TOSHIMITSU Isao Tamagawa Univ., Dept.Literature, Prof., 文学部, 教授 (00074310)
SUMIKURA Ichiro Tokyo Univ. Fine Arts and Music, Dept.Music, Prof., 音楽学部, 教授 (80015263)
OHKA Makoto Tokyo Univ. Fine Arts and Music, Dept.Music, Prof., 音楽学部, 教授 (30203714)
|Project Period (FY)
1991 – 1992
Completed(Fiscal Year 1992)
|Budget Amount *help
¥10,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥10,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥3,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥7,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,500,000)
|Keywords||Urban community / Environment / Arts / Reproductive art / Theory of formation of aesthetic environment / Utopia / Design / Media art / ユ-トピア / メディア・ア-ト|
General trend of society at the present day is transforming into the matured community which is complexly layered, seeking for the amenity at various levels, Even the arts and other fields of aesthetic culture cannot evade the rapid change in regard to the structure, the social existence and the function of Art itself. Our synthetic research of two years has supposed the contemporary society as the so-called urban type, and pursued the case studies in each genre, as well as the general study by comparative science of art, concerning the artistic presence and creative possibility toward the maturity. Each member has executed respectively their original research as follows. I. Theoretical study - theory of environment of artistic urban community- :
(1) M.Muto and S.Okada have pointed out the necessity of the environmental aesthetics and of the theory of urban community as opposed to the traditional Aesthetics, and the link between the mythical space and environmental formation as seen in
the vision of Beauty by Plato.
2) K.Hirayama has discussed the relation between the theory of Utopia and environmental formation in idea of Schiller. II.Individual studies - the modes of arts in contemporary society - :
3) M.Shinohara has, examining the relation of science and technology to arts, analyzed the present condition of urban environment.
4) M.Ohka has proved the importance of reference of literature to civil society.
5) I.Sumikura has considered the musical culture of metropolis, following the examples of Paris and Berlin.
6) T.Ishikawa has argued from the point of view that the city is a reproduction of "Something" as idea, so has done A.Imura on Theme Park, city space as fiction.
7) T.Inaji has compared the parks in Europe and those in Japan. I.Toshimitsu has discussed Moholy-Nagy's activities of designing.
8) S.Kashima has made consideration on "Veduta", the picture of city environment, so has done K.Miyata on the problem between painted works and cities, in case of Andrea del Sarto.
9) I.Kawano and S.Sato have investigated the actual conditions of environmental sculptures and of urban environment in various cities.
10) H.Suzuki, based on the analysis of categories of architecture, has pointed out the relationship of the city to the character of place. Less