Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
Functional basic dentistry
|Research Institution||Nagasaki University|
SATO Toshihide Nagasaki University, School of Dentistry, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (60013968)
MURAKAMI Toshiki Nihon Dental University, Niigata Faculty, Professor, 新潟歯学部, 教授 (10060451)
KASAHARA Yasuo Kagoshima University, School of Dentistry, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (10028730)
AMANO Niichiro Kyushu Dental College, Schooll of Dentistry, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (60076015)
YAMADA Yoshiaki Niigata University, School of Dentistry, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (80115089)
NAKAMURA Yoshio Tokyo Medical and Dental University, School of Dentistry, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (10010026)
島田 久八郎 新潟大学, 歯学部, 教授 (50018404)
|Project Period (FY)
1991 – 1993
Completed(Fiscal Year 1993)
|Budget Amount *help
¥20,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥20,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥3,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥8,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥8,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,800,000)
|Keywords||food intake / taste recognition / chewing rhythm / secretion of salva / aoral somatic sensation / gustatory transduction / reflex control of chewing rhythm / jaw movement / 大錘体神経の味覚応答 / 歯根膜咬筋反射 / 味蕾 / 味覚情報の学習 / 顎運動 / 大脳味覚野 / 唾液核|
1. A variety of ion channels existing in the receptive and basolateral membrances of taste cells play an important role in gustatory transductionl Amygdala and cortical taste area are concerned with identification, recognitiona and memory of teste stimuli. The ability of induction of Merkel cells makes the development of teste buds in the tongue.
2. It was clarified that oral somatosensory information projects to the intermediate level of the parabrachial nucleus and that a part of pulpal nerve signals projects to the mesencephalic nucleus of the trigeminal nerve.
3. Actual food intake behavior in rat after recognition of the taste quality is concerned with the hypothalamus neurons projected from the pontine teste area and the amygdala neurons projected from the taste areas of the pons, thalamus and cortex.
4. The aspects of a secretion of salva change with a kind of foods, and this corresponds to impulse pattern of neurons in the salivary unclei of the medulla oblongate. Some neurons in
the cranial salvary nucleus in cat are projected from the caudal and rostal unclei within the subnucleus interpolaris of the spinal tract nuclei of the trigeminal nerve.
5. It was clarified that these exist parasympathetic vasodilatation reflexes in the lip, palate and face which are involved in the intake of foods into the month and the chewing movement.
6. Chewing rhythm which is formed in the brain stem and cortex is finaly controlled by integrating, in the somatosensory area of the corgtex, sensory afferent signals from oral mucosa of the tongue, periodontal ligament, gingiva, lip and cheek, etc. did not appear in case of food intake and chewing movement.
7. What an unanesthetized rabbit crushed a hard food between upper and lower denitions, the velocity of jaw movement at the late closing phase was temporarily lowered. As the corresponding pheonomenon, a transient inhibitionof masseter muscle EMG and a trasient activity of digastric muscle EMG appeared. This is due to the reflex control of mastication by the periodontal ligament Control of masticatory movement by the periodontal-massetric reflex is more effectively done gy a large size of the motor units. Less