COOPERATIVE RESEARCH IN SCIENCE TEXTBOOK OF SCHOOL EDUCATION
Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||SAITAMA UNIVERSITY|
TAKEUCHI Masayuki SAITAMA UNIVERSITY,PROF.EMERITUS, 名誉教授 (50008801)
ASAI Tomio UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO.INST MARINE,PROF., 海洋研究所, 教授 (80025288)
TSUCHI Ryuichi SIZUOKA UNIVERSITY.SCIENCE,PROF.EMERITUS, 理学部, 教授 (60021929)
AOKI Junnichi YOKOHAMA NAT'L UNIVERSITY.INST.ENVIRONMENT,PROF., 環境科学研究センター, 教授 (00092635)
ONO Mikio TOKYO METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY.SCIENCE,PROF., 理学部, 教授 (80087155)
MIZUNO Takeo TEIKYO UNIVERSITY.PHARMACY,PROF., 薬学部, 教授 (50011490)
|Project Period (FY)
1991 – 1992
Completed(Fiscal Year 1992)
|Keywords||Careful selection and generalization of 'SIDOU YOURYOU' / Consistent system of science education / Minimum education of science / Selection of subjects and elimination of number of experimantal activities / Reexamination of science terms in textbooks / Elimination of control to make textbooks freely / 情報教育 / 層序 / 海洋 / 天文 / 古生物|
We investigated many science textbooks used in elementary,lower and upper secondary school for two years. We would like to propose to improve the textbooks under various points of view after the investigation. These are as following items.
1) Careful selection and generalization of contents of SHIDOU YOURYOU are essential to improve science textbooks,especially elimination of fine articles of 'dealing of contents' is desirble.
2) To establish a consistent system of education among elementary, lower and upper secondary school is necessary in basic science education. This investigation clarified the lack of consistency in the present textbooks.
3) It is necessary to decide until whether lower or upper secondary school to complete minimum education of science. The education system will be required to restruct by the result of the decision. Of course textbooks will be changed by the restructure.
4) Selection of subjects and elimination of number of experimental activities in textbooks are very
important practically in school,because lesson-hours in 5 days weekly system become shortage in total and too many subjects are laborious to teachers. Instead of increase of the subjects we will suggest better possiblity to pick up a few meaningful stories of backgrounds and tales and histories of these experiments.
5) One of urgent improvement is to balance fields in natural science education in textbooks. Fields of the observations of nature have been treated lightly compared with experiments. In the concrete cosmos,stars,the galactic system and ocean are ommited in present textbooks of earth science. Taxonomy,morphology and aquatic in biology must be more important to know nature at present.
6) Many science terms in the textbooks in both biology and earth science were selected to reexaminate. These terms are listed up in this report.
7) Elimination of the limites on price of the textbooks, number of colored and usual pages is a very important to make textbooks freely without tight control. Less
Research Products (12results)