Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
Morphological basic dentistry
|Research Institution||NIHON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY|
MORO Itaru NIHON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY DEPARTMENT OF PATHOLOGY PROFESSOR, 歯学部, 教授 (50059531)
TAKENOUCHI Nobuko NIHON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY DEPARTMENT OF PATHOLOGY INSTRUCTOR, 歯学部, 助手 (50246914)
TAKAHASHI Tomihisa NIHON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY DEPARTMENT OF PATHOLOGY INSTRUCTOR, 歯学部, 助手 (40246905)
KUSAMA Kaoru NIHON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY DEPARTMENT OF PATHOLOGY ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, 歯学部, 講師 (20130479)
岩瀬 孝志 日本大学, 歯学部, 講師 (80125046)
斉藤 一郎 日本大学, 歯学部, 助手 (60147634)
|Project Period (FY)
1991 – 1994
Completed(Fiscal Year 1994)
|Budget Amount *help
¥16,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥16,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥11,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥11,700,000)
|Keywords||Secretory IgA / Secretory Component / Joining Chain / Cytokine / Epithelial Cell / Polymerase Chain Reaction / Northern Blot / Western Blot / Polymeric IgA / 脊椎動物 / 無脊椎動物 / PCR法 / Northern blot法 / Secretory-Component / Interleukin-6 / Tumor Necrosis Factor / beta-galactosyltransterase / Joining chain / Polymerasa Chain Reaction / Northern blot / β-galactosyltransferase / 分泌型1gA / Polymerase chain reaction / 1gM / 系統発生 / 個体発生 / 局所免疫機構|
The results obtained by this study supported by The Ministry of Education, Science and Culture, Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A) were summarized below ;
1 .Development and localization of Joining (J) chain, secretory component (SC), IgA and IgM in human fetus
(1) a significant reactivity of J chain expression was found at the 6 th gestational week and the expression of mu chain at week 7 laged behind that of J chain in the early fetal liver.
(2) both J chain and mu chain were detected at the 16 th gestational week in spleen, thymus, small intestine and lung.
(3) SC and alpha chain could not detect until the 16 th gestational week in all organs examined.
2. Expression of cytokine and SC in colonic epithelial cell line HT-29
(1) HT-29 stimulated with Salmonella minesota LPS resulted in the expression of IL-6, IL-8, TGF-beta1 and SC mRNA.
(2) up-regulation of SC mRNA and protein was detected in HT-29 stimulated with IFN-gamma, TNF-alpha, IL-1alpha, IL-1beta, IL-4 or IL-6.
(3) presence of IL-1 receptor type I in HT-29 was suggested.
3. Phylogeny of J chain
(1) invertebrates that do not produce immunoglobulins have the J chain mRNA similar to vertebrates.
(2) earthworm (Eisenia faetida) J chain cDNA as well as amino acid sequence has a high degree of homnology (75%, 76%) to human and mouse, respectively.
(3) J chain protein in earthworm and slug was localized in the epithelial cells of skin and small intestine.
(4) these results suggested that the real function of J chain may not be a polymerization of immunoglobulin.