Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Niigata University|
IWAKU Masaaki Niigata University, School of Dentistry, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (70013927)
YAMAGA Masahiro Niigata University, School of Dentistry, Assistant Professor, 歯学部, 助手 (10260548)
KOTA Kohichi Niigata University, School of Dentistry, Associate Professor, 歯学部, 助教授 (90018755)
HOSHINO Etsuro Niigata University, School of Dentistry, Professor, 歯学部, 教授 (90124619)
宇佐美 祐一 新潟大学, 歯学部, 助手 (10193856)
|Project Period (FY)
1991 – 1994
Completed(Fiscal Year 1994)
|Budget Amount *help
¥31,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥31,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥8,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥20,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥20,700,000)
|Keywords||Metronidazol / Infected pulp / Tissue regeneration / Obligate Anaerove / Bactericidal-biocompatible material / alpha-Tricalcium phosphate / 偏性嫌気性菌 / 歯髄保護 / 抗菌性生体材料 / メトロダニ-ル|
This study was projected for developing the most effective new bactericidal-biocompatible material to conserve the infected pulp tissue.
Following results were obtained :
1. A mixture of Ciprofloxacin, Metronidazole and Cefaclor showed the complete bactericidal efficacy against all of the bacteria in the infected pulp tissue.
2. The antibacterial mechanism of metronidazole was revealed the investigation of the metabolism of phenylalanine and leucine of anaerobic bacteria.
3. alpha-tricalcium phosphate (alpha-TCP) showed the superior biocompatibility as the direct capping material on the histopathological study using adult monkeys.
4. The histopathological study showed that alpha-TCP containing mixed antibacterial drugs effectively disinfected the bacterially contaminated pulpal lesions of adult monkeys without destroying any of the sound pulp tissue and formed the hard tissue barrier covering the exposed pulpal surface.
5. alpha-TCP containing mixed antibacterial drugs completely disinfected human caries lesions in vitro and in situ studies.
6. In the in vivo study of the volunteer peoples, artificially exposed pulp tissue was convered by the hard tissue barrier formation without destroying any of the sound pulp tissue, when alpha-TCP containing mixed antibacterial drugs was applied on the exposed pulp tissue.
7. In the clinical study of the volunteer patients, almost cases of the infected pulp, especially young, has been kept without any of the pulpectomy or pulpotomy by the application of the mixed antibacterial drugs added to alpha-TCP and covered with time by the hard tissue barrier.
8. This work is now in progress.