Study on Structure of Farm Road in the Paddy Field of Sloping Area
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||University of Tsukuba|
TODA Atsushi University of Tsukuba Institute of Agricultural and Forest Engineering Professor, 農林工学系, 教授 (50133012)
KOIDE Susumu Tokyo Agriculture University Faculty of Agriculture, 農学部, 教授 (60003745)
SAKUMA Taiichi University of Tsukuba Institute of Agricultural and Forest Engineering, 農林工学系, 講師 (10133589)
|Project Period (FY)
1991 – 1993
Completed(Fiscal Year 1993)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,500,000)
|Keywords||sloping Area / land consolidation / farm road / structure of farm road / farm working efficiency / living functions of farm road / 農道配置 / 農道構造 / 用排水組織 / 緩傾斜地水田 / 中山間地水田 / 水田圃場整備|
Field condition of paddyfield in sloping area is worse than that of flat area. Therefore more wasted land has been increasing. The main reason is that unimproved field has no road and no mchine can not go into farm lots. That is the mojor motive that farmers want to carry out land consolidation of their field and cultivate their field by machine. Farm road is the most important factor in land consolidation.
The structure of farm road of sloping paddy field is investigated through case studies by comparing with that of flat area. Several case studies of land consolidation show the following results.
1. Road width :
(1) Main farm road (for transferring product) ; 6 - 6.5m,
(2) Trunk road (for connecting village and field area) ; about 4.5m,
(3) Lateral road (for access to farm lots or connecting seperated farm lots) ; 3.8 - 4.1m.
2. Considering construction cost, keeping water depth and bearing capacity, hight of road from lot surface should be 30 - 50cm. However hight of road become often higher in sloping area because of the topography. In this case admission passage are required to go into farm lots.
3. Admission passages should be placed at the site that road surface is closed lot surface, passage width should be made a lane width (about 2.5m), the slope of passage is recommended under 20ﾟ for machine not to fall down.
4. It is desirable that main farm roads and trunk roads are paved by asphalt and lateral roads are graveled.
5. There were some cases that farm roads are used for commuting, traffic between villages ad through traffic.
Research Products (1results)