AN EVALUATION SYSTEM OF TRAFFIC SIGNAL CONTROL
Grant-in-Aid for Developmental Scientific Research (B).
|Research Institution||UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO|
KOSHI Masaki PROFESSOR, FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO, 工学部, 教授 (70013109)
村田 隆裕 科学警察研究所, 交通安全研究室, 室長
OZAKI Haruo RESEARCH ASSOC., INST. OF INDUSTRIAL SCI., UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO, 生産技術研究所, 助手 (30204184)
KUWAHARA Masao ASSOC. PROFESSOR, INST. OF INDUSTRIAL SCI., UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO, 生産技術研究所, 助教授 (50183322)
TAKABA Sadao PROFESSOR, INST. OF INDUSTRIAL SCI., UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO, 生産技術研究所, 教授 (50013107)
MURATA Takahiro MANAGER, TRAFFIC SAFETY SECTION, NATIONAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF POLICE SCIENCE
|Project Fiscal Year
1991 – 1992
Completed(Fiscal Year 1992)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥5,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,900,000)
|Keywords||Traffic signal control / Highway capacity / Service level / Traffic congestion / Optimization / Expert systems / 信号制御 / 交通容量 / サービスレベル / 交通渋滞 / 最適制御 / エキスパートシステム / サ-ビスレベル / エキスパ-トシステム|
1) Three sub-systems that can evaluate and propose the improvement plans for existing signal control are developed.
2) The policy of improvements on signalized intersections are summarized into two, considering required data for the analysis.
Policy a) Final optimization using all the required quantitative and qualititative data.
Policy b) Gradual optimization using minimum quantitative data and observed qualititative data, following the repetition of trial and evaluation process.
3) The items on improvement of signalized intersections are summarized into three, considering the cost, availability of data, and social response.
a) Improvements of signal control parameters are suitable for both policies a) and b).
b) Improvements of signal phases or physical arrangements of intersections are suitable for policy b).
c) Improvements by regulation or enforcement are suitable for policy b).
4) An expert system for improvement design of a signalized intersection is developed. This sub-system uses data that can be easily collected at site. It serves also for laymen and proposes the improvement plan that would be given by an traffic experts.
5) A system for improvement design of an signalized intersection is developed. This sub-system uses all the required data and optimizes all the items on design of a signalized intersection, including phases and lane arrangement.
6) A system for improvement design of signal offset is developed. This sub-system uses rough volume data that are collected by detectors and proposes the sub-optimal offset plan for any network configuration.
Research Output (14results)