|Budget Amount *help
¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
1. The data for the wild Japanese macaques of Yakushima Island on (1) population dynamics, (2) inter-and whithin-group competition, (3) inter-troop mobility of males, and (4) social mechanism were analyzed. Based on them, two articles were prepared, being in press now.
2. The social structure and interactions of capuchin monkeys were analyzed. On this theme, one article was in press now.
3. The data for the human and non-human primates on (1) sexual cycle, (2) the mating behaviors, (3) raising children, and (4) male and female competition were reviewed. On these themes, one book was in press now.
4. The interbirth intervals of Japanese macaque females of Arashiyama, Japan were analyzed. The data suggest that the interbirth intervals following daughters were longer than those following daughters, and that this tendency was independent of the mother's rank. Now, one article is in preparation.
5. The long-term mating relations of Japanese macaques recorded from 1968 to 1984 in the Arashiyama B-troop are being analyzed. The main themes are (1) diachronic changes of mating pairs, (2) life-time reproductive success of males and females, and (3) inbreeding avoidance.