A Comparative Study on the Postwar Sport-reformation in Japan and Germany
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Hitotsubashi University|
KOZU Masaru Hitotsubashi Uni., Faculty of Law, Prof., 法学部, 教授 (30034838)
|Project Period (FY)
1991 – 1993
Completed(Fiscal Year 1993)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥400,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
|Keywords||Sport-reformation / Sport-policy / Sportclub / Office of Military Government for Germany(OMGUS) / Allied Control Council / ACC Directive No.23 / JCS 1067 / SCAP / GHQ / GHQ) / スポーツ組織・クラブ / 対ドイツ管理理事会(ACC) / 対ドイツ合衆国軍政府(OMGUS) / JCS1067 / 「ハード」と「ソフト」 / OMGUS / OMGWB / 統轄スポーツ組織 / 種目別競技連盟 / 再教育政策 / OMGUS文書 / OMGB文書 / OMGWB文書 / 非軍事化 / 統轄スポ-ツ組織 / 公共レクリエ-ション|
The purpose of this Study is to compare the postwar sport-reformation between Japan and Germany. To carry out this purpose we pursure following subjects.
1. The planning and Procedure of U.S.and Allied sport-policy for occupied Germany after the World War II.
2. The practice of postwar sports-policy for U.S.zone and its development.
3. A comparison between U.S.postsurrender sport-policy for Japan and Germany, that is GHQ/SCAP and OMGUS.
As a result of this Study we can point out following items.
1. Initial U.S.sport-policy for Germany had been integrated with the denazification and demilitarization policy. Proceeding with the occupation, democratiation and decentrarization of German-sport was emphasized in its policy and procedure.
2. In spite of wide differences of its procedures in each Zone, The Allied Control Council directive No.23, which was decided on 17 December 1945 by ACC, formed the framework of the Allied sport-policy for the whole country.
3. Basing on the ACC directives No.23, the Office of Military Government of U.S.for Germany(OMGUS) attached weight to the decentralization of German sport organizations and they did not authorized formally to organize any sport organizations over the State(Land) level.
4. After the World War II Germany was divided and occupied by four Allied forces. The divided occupation and the direct control by military governments were the main feature of postsurrender Germany.
On the contrary defeated Japan was occupied substantially by the U.S.A.alone and controlled indirectly, that is, through the existing Japanese government. That was the wide differences between Japan and Germany.
Though the eastern German territorial part and Japan was occupied by the same country, in the former spread a "hard" policy, which was symbolized by Morgenthou Plan, and in the latter, except "Budo", a positive, so-called "soft" policy was introduced throughout the land.
Research Output (2results)