A study of Buddhist Terms of Later Mahayana Texts Translated in their Tibetan Versions - an essay of computer-data-processing-analysis of Asian Classical texts -
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Koyasan University|
NAMAI Chisho Koyasan Univ. Faculty of Letters, Assoc. Professor, 文学部, 助教授 (80113190)
|Project Period (FY)
1991 – 1992
Completed(Fiscal Year 1992)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1991 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
|Keywords||Full-text-database / Sanskrit-reconstruction / Tibetan / Mahayana-texts / Santaraksita / Buddhism / Computer-aided-research / Dharmakirti / 全文テスクトデータ / 'Santaraksita / チベット訳大集論典 / チベット語訳大集論典 / 後期仏教論典 / (対訳)テクストデ-タベ-ス / サンスクリット・チベット対照索引 / 電子ファイル|
The aim of this project is to interpret philosophical terms in of Later Mahayana Buddhist texts. The project is achieved by using computer-data-processing-method integrating the research-results of Buddhist Terms produced by Japanese /foreign scholars in this field.
The procedure of this study is achieved as following :
1. Input full-text-data to construct a personal archives of Mahayana Buddhist Texts(Sanskrit and Tibetan.)
2. Based on the results of previous researchs of Buddhist philosophical terms up to now, and using the method of computer-aided-data-processing, critically reconstruct Sanskrit texts which have been lost its original form and only preserved in the form of Tibetan version.
3. Based on the study of terminology in these texts, make a bibliographical study and interpret the philosophical meaning of the terms and position of the texts in the history of Indian Buddhist philosophy.
The results of the study are ;
1. Full-text-data of some basic Mahayana texts (Skt./Tib.) have been digitalized in ASCII-code, by using Optical Character Recognition(OCR) of the texts already edited in Romanized character.
2. Reconstruction of the Sanskrit texts is not yet finished. Because farther more text-data should be input to achieve the procedure of precise data-analysis.
3. Some new views on the philosophy of Dharmakirti are obtained by analyzing his usage of some terms. That are resulted as some reports published in some academic journals. And the analysis of the Tibetan version of Ratnakarasanti's treatises which in not preserved in its Sanskrit original form gave some new knowledge about his position in the History of Indian esoteric Buddhism. On this issue, a article is published in a journal of esoteric Buddhism.
Research Products (17results)