Grant-in-Aid for Overseas Scientific Survey.
|Research Institution||Kagawa University|
NAKAYA Hideo Kagawa University, 教育学部, 助教授 (20180424)
鄭 紹華 中国科学院, 古脊椎動物与古人類研究所, 副教授
宗 冠福 中国科学院, 古脊椎動物与古人類研究所, 副教授
黄 万波 中国科学院, 古脊椎動物与古人類研究所, 副教授
武藤 鉄司 長崎大学, 教養部, 講師 (70212248)
三枝 春生 姫路工業大学, 自然・環境科学研究所, 助手 (70254456)
那須 孝悌 大阪市立自然史博物館, 学芸課, 学芸課長代理(研究職 (30110042)
川邉 孝幸 山形大学, 教育学部, 助教授 (00214685)
ZHENG Shaohua Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology, Academia Sinica
ZONG Guanfu Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology, Academia Sinica
HUANG Wanpo Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology, Academia Sinica
SAEGUSA Haruo Himeji Institute of Technology & Hyogo Museum of Nature and Human Activities
MUTO Tetsuji Nagasaki University
NASU Takayoshi Osaka Museum of Natural History
KAWABE Takayuki Yamagata University
|Project Fiscal Year
1992 – 1993
Completed(Fiscal Year 1993)
|Budget Amount *help
¥8,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,000,000)
|Keywords||Late Cenozoic / Paleoenvironment / Sedimentary environment / Climatic change / Mammal / Microfossil / Eurasia / Northern China / 新生代後期 / 古環境 / 堆積環境 / 気候変動 / 哺乳類 / 微化石 / ユーラシア大陸 / 中国北部 / 微石化|
The purpose of this research is to interpret the paleoenvironments and biostratigraphy of Late Cenozoic mammalian fauna heretofore undescribed for the Eastern Eurasia.
In 1993, the Japanese and Chinese joint expedition conducted stratigraphical, sedimentological and paleontological survey in the Leijiahe Formation of Lingtai County, Gansu Province, China. The field work was done during the end of August and the first part of September 1993. Paleontologists excavated Locality 4 in detail, and collected small mammalian fossils from Locality 4 and 6 by screen and washing method.
The following conclusions are reached :
1. stratigraphic structure of the Leijiahe Formation consists conglomerate bodies and interbeded mudstone. Sedimentological data indicate that the sedimentological environment of the Leijiahe Formation is meandering river system and its flood plain.
2. About 2,200 fossils are excavated from the Leijiahe Formation. Mammalian fossil evidence suggests that the Leijiahe Formation is Pliocene in age.
3. Taphonomy of mammalian fossils from the Locality 4 of the Leijiahe Formation indicate that mammalian fossils were not transported from far away.
4. Paleomagnetic data from the Locality 6 by Dr.Cheng of the Institute of Geology, Academia Sinica indicate that the Leijiahe Formation ranges in age during 3 million years.
5. Paleoenvironmental analysis by microfossils is not yet finished. However, preliminary result of pollen analysis shows that the paleoenvironment of Leijiahe Formation is mixed forest and openland.
From available evidences, it is concluded that the paleoenvironment of Leijiahe Formation is alluvium sedimentary basin under the dry climate.