Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Osaka City University|
YOSHIDA Masaru Osaka City University, 理学部, 教授 (30047112)
JANARDHAN A.s. Mysore University, Mysore, 理学部, 教授
DIVI R.s. Osmania University, Hyderabad, 理学部, 教授
RAO A.t. Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, 理学部, 教授
RAJASHAM T. Geological Survey of India, Hyderabad, 南部総局, 地質調査官
TAINOSHO Yoshiaki Kobe University, 教育学部, 助教授 (90030585)
SANTOSH M. Centre for Earth Science Studies, Trivandrum, サイエンティスト
ARIMA Makoto Yokohama National University, 教育学部, 助教授 (10184293)
WADA Hideki Shizuoka University, 理学部, 助教授 (20126791)
KATO Yasuhiro Yamaguchi University, 理学部, 助手 (40221882)
SUWA Kanenori Nihon Fukushi University, 経済学部, 教授 (70022564)
YOSHIKURA Shin-ichi Kohchi University, 理学部, 教授 (10093957)
YAMAGUCHI Yoshiaki Shinshu University, 理学部, 助教授 (50144689)
SHIRAHATA Hiroshi Muroran Insitute of Technology, 教授 (00002882)
KUNUGIZA Keitaro Toyama University, 教育学部, 助教授 (30225180)
KANO Takashi Yamaguchi University, 理学部, 助教授 (60108264)
SOHMA Tsumeo Toyama University, 教育学部, 教授 (40019039)
T.RAJASHAM ラジヤシヤン インド地質調査所, ハイデラバード支所, 地質調査官
G.LAKSHMINAR ラクシミナラヤナ インド地質調査所, ハイデラバード支所, 地質調査官
A T.Rao アンドラ大学, 理学部, 助教授
M.SANTOSH サントシ ケララ州立地球科学研究センター, サイエンティスト
|Project Period (FY)
1992 – 1993
Completed(Fiscal Year 1993)
|Budget Amount *help
¥21,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥21,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥12,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥12,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥8,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,500,000)
|Keywords||Gondwana reconstruction / Precambrian / Proterozoic mobile belts / Granulites / Precambrian geologic correlation / ゴンドワナ / インド半島 / 先カンブリア代ゴンドアナ / インド半島の先カンブリア代 / インド半島にグラニュライト|
Under the present research project (2 years, 1993-1994), 25 scientists from Japan and 13 scientists in India, totalizing 813 man-days, were funded for the field activities and related expenditures (total fund was 21,000,000 yen). The field survey covered Precambrian terrains in southern to southeastern Peninsular India and collected geologic data including rock samples of more than 3,000 kg in weight. Preliminary results of our work appeared in about 26 papers (all in English) and 32 oral presentations mostly in international symposiums. Important points of these works are given below.
(1) Recent geologic informations of India, Antarctica and Sri Lanka were critically summarized and correlated. The Gondwana during late Proterozoic is found to be principally similar to that of Mesozoic.
(2) Several mineral isochron ages of ca 500 Ma have been newly reported for granulites south of the Palghat-Cauvery tectonic line. Thus, the Precambrian of Peninsular India is divided into the Archaean terrain north of the tectonic line and the Proterozic terrain with dominant ca 500 Ma events to the south.
(3) A Sm-Nd mineral isochron age of 3.0 Ga was first reported from the classic Madras granulite. Several Pb-Pb rock isochron ages were first obtained from rocks of the Karimnagar Granulite Belt south of Godavari Valley, and indicated that the granulites were formed during Archaean older than ca 2.6 Ga.
(4) The granulite formation and correlatable events during the Pan African stage were identified in South India, Sri Lanka and Antarctica. An extensional tectonic model associated with the CO_2 flushing related with the mantle degassing was presented for the granulite events in the above areas.
(5) Importance of the ca 1.1 Ga belt surrounding East Antarctica was pointed out and the term Circum East Antarctic Mobile Belt has been proposed. The belt is suggested to be principally related to the birth of the East Gondwana.