Synthetic Researches on Anicent Buddhist Sites and on the Buddhist Documents in Chinese Central Asia
Grant-in-Aid for Overseas Scientific Survey.
|Research Institution||BUKKYO UNIVERSITY|
真田 康道 佛教大学, 文学部, 助教授
真田 泰道 仏教大学, 文学部, 助教授
SANADA Yasumichi Faculty of Literature, Bukkyo University, Assistant Professor, 文学部, 助教授 (90066415)
長澤 和俊 早稲田大学, 文学部, 教授 (60083333)
網干 善教 関西大学, 文学部, 教授 (90067463)
沙比提 新彊博物館, 館長
王 炳華 新彊考古研究所, 所長
韓 翔 新彊文化庁文物処, 処長
高橋 照彦 国立歴史民俗博物館, 助手 (10249906)
貝柄 徹 関西外国語大学, 外国学部, 専任講師
古川 雅英 科学技術庁放射医学総合研究所, 環境衛生研究部第1研究室, 研究員 (40238671)
米田 文孝 関西大学, 文学部, 非常勤講師 (00298837)
井ノ口 泰淳 龍谷大学, 名誉教授 (10080988)
小島 康誉 新彊大学, 名誉教授
SABIT Ahmat Xinjiag Uigur Autonomous Region Museum, China, Director
WANG Bing-fua Cultural Relic Archaeology Institute of Xinjiang, China, Director
HAN Shang Historical Relic Section of Cultural Department in Xinjiang, China, Director
TAKAHASHI Teruhiko National Historical Holklore Mesuem, Assistant
YONEDA Fumitaka Faculty of Literature, Kansai University, Part-time Lecture
FURUKAWA Masahide National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Researcher
KOJIMA Yasutaka Xinjiang University, Professor Emeritus
INOGUCHI Taijun Ryukoku University, Professor Emeritus
|Project Fiscal Year
1992 – 1993
Completed(Fiscal Year 1993)
|Budget Amount *help
¥11,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥11,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥6,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥5,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,500,000)
|Keywords||The Kingdom of Lou-Lan / Ca'dota / NIYA / the Ancient Ruins / Stupa / Tablet / Karosthi / Stain / 樓蘭王国 / 精絶国 / 尼雅 / 古代遺跡 / 仏塔 / 木簡 / カロ-シュティー / スタイン|
1. * Transportation & Construction of Base Camp * In 1990, it took three days to arrive at the ancient ruins NIYA ; first day by trucks and next two days by camles, from Min Feng (**), 120km distance. And we stayed at NIYA for three days. But in 1992, it took two days by four special 4WD-trucks for desert, we stayed for one week. And in 1993, it took only one day and stayed for three weeks.
2. * Investigation on the Distribution of Ruins * In the past three years, we carried out the works which we measured the location (latitude and longitude) of each ruin with the apparatus GPS (Global Positioning System ). In 1991, the counted number of positions is 15 house-ruins and one Stupa. In 1992, the number is 30 house-ruins, one cemetery, one shed and one ruin of row-trees, in 1993 are 39 house-ruins, 4 cemeteries, one ruin of the "Ancient Bridge" and 5 row-trees. (some overlapped positions are there among three year's data). Other works in old sites are to make floor plans of every house-rui
n and to collect relics such as tablets of kharosthi script, old coins, bronze mirrors, iron knives, iron or wooden spoons or various other tools, fragmentary potteries and clothes etc.
3. * Surveying of the Ruin N.II * The ruin N.II by Stain number, that is to say the ruin < 92 B-4 > by ours number is the only village in all NIYA ruins formed with 19 houses. In 1993, we surveyed every house-ruins of this unique old site and around the point. We are going to excavate the N.II next year.
4. * Excavation of Two Cemeteries * The excavation of two cemeteries was carried out by Chinese Archeological Team. They got some mummies and some potteries with red patterns etc.
5. * Geographical Survey of the NIYA Site * In 1993, the geographical survey was carried out on the drifted sturuta of rocks in NIYA. And the desert sand was brought back to Japan for chemical analysis.
6. * Preliminary Survey of New Ruins * In 1993, the preliminary survey of new ruins was carried out by 9 members (among them, 3 members are Japanese) at northen points about 40 km distance beyond NIYA. It was proved that many points are dotted with relics of potteries, bronze knives, stone implements on the old bed of NIYA River.
7. * Collection of Samples for Chemical Analyses * More than one hundred samples were collected and brought back to Japan for chemical analyzes.
8. * Establishment of the Standard Point for Surveying * A mark of the standard point for surveying was settled in the vicinity of the Stupa.
9. * Researches into the Collectives Relics * Researches into the collectives relics in this year and past year were done by two members at the Archaeology Institute of Xinjiang and the Xinjiang Museum, Uyrumqi for a week after the Investigation of NIYA. Less
Research Output (2results)