Grant-in-Aid for Overseas Scientific Survey.
|Section||Special Cancer Research|
|Research Institution||Kagoshima Universitiy|
OSAME Mitsuhiro Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, 医学部, 教授 (10041435)
B.S.シンガル ボンベイ病院, 神経科, 教授
有村 公良 鹿児島大学, 医学部附属病院, 講師 (20159510)
石田 貴文 東京大学, 大学院理学系研究科, 助手 (20184533)
石川 晃一 山形県衛生公害研究所, 研究員
三浦 智行 京都大学, ウィルス研究所, 助手 (40202337)
速水 正憲 京都大学, ウィルス研究所, 教授 (40072946)
園田 俊郎 鹿児島大学, 医学部, 教授 (40036463)
沈 栄顕 中国科学技術院, 教授
金 明縞 北京獣医大学, 講師
SINGHAL BS. Neurology, Bombay Hospital, 神経科, 助手
SONODA Shunro Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University
CHIN Eiken Chinese Institute of Science and Technology
JIN Ming Hao Beijing Veterinary College
ISHIKAWA Koichi Yamanashi Institute for Public Health
ISHIDA Takafumi Guraduate school of Science, Tokyo University
ARIMURA Kimiyoshi University Hospital, Kagoshima University
HAYAMI Masanori Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University
MIURA Tomoyuki Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University
|Project Fiscal Year
1992 – 1993
Completed(Fiscal Year 1993)
|Budget Amount *help
¥11,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥11,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥5,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥5,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,700,000)
|Keywords||ATL / HTLV-I / HTLV-II / HAM / TSP / STLV / HIV-I / HIV-II / SIV / HIV / STLV-I|
1. HTLV-I isolated from Gabon made one cluster with HTLV-I from Zaire and STLV-I from chimpanzee, suggesting interspecies transmission between human and chimpanzee in Central Africa.
2. SIV from white crowned mangabey in Kenya belonged to SIVagm group of African green monkey, suggesting interspecies transmission between them. STLV-I from African green monkey is subspecies-specific but closely related to inhabiting places.
3. HTLV-I and HTLV-II in Ghana are highly heterogeneous. There exist HIV-I variants which had not been reported. HIV-II variants distinct from known HTV-II group was a present. This new HIV-II subgroup was designated as HIV-IIb. HTLV-I from Ghana belonged to HTLV-I c type together with Caribian HTLV-I. HTLV-II from Ghana belonged to HTLV-II a type.
4. In India, a case of ATL and 3 cases of HAM/TSP were found. Neucleotides sequences of 2 HTLV-I proviruses isolated from HAm/TSP cases showed 98-99% homologies with prototypes HTLV-I.
5.HTLV-I carriers were found in southern Thailand. Among Orang Asli, indigenous populations in Malay Penicula, 15 of 300 sera showed positive reactions in PA test.
6. In Indonesia, there are HTLV-I carriers and HAM/TSP patients. Indonesian apes such as orangutan and monkeys are carriers of STLV-I.
7. It is suggested that some minority groups in Unnann District, China keep HTLV-I.
8. A high frequency of HTLV-I carriers and HAM patients were seen in Masahhdi Jews who moved from Iran. Their HTLV-I belonged to HTLV-I A type which is also seen in Japan and India, and is rather homorogous.
9.In Australia, HAM/TSP and ATL cases were found in indigenous populations. One HAM/TSP case was also found in Korea.