Scientific Study of Japanese and Korean Ancient Relics
Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||National Museum of Japanese History |
SUGIYAMA Shinsaku National Museum of Japanese History, Associate Professor, 考古研究部, 助教授 (30150022)
李 賢珠 釜山直轄市立博物館, 学芸研究室, 学芸研究士
鄭 光龍 韓国国立文化財研究所, 保存科学研究室, 研究員
姜 炯台 韓国国立文化財研究所, 保存科学研究室, 専門委員
SAITOU Tsutomu National Museum of Japanese History, Assistant, 情報資料研究部, 助手 (50205663)
TAGUCHI Isamu National Museum of Japanese History, Professor, 情報資料研究部, 教授 (50192159)
KANG Hyung tae National Research Institute of Cultural Properties, Conservation Scientist
CHUNG Kwang Ryong National Research Institute of Cultural Properties, Conservation Scientist
LEE Hyung Joo Museum of Pusan, Curator
|Project Period (FY)
1992 – 1993
Completed (Fiscal Year 1993)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,400,000 (Direct Cost: ¥3,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1993: ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1992: ¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,600,000)
|Keywords||Tomb / Ancient Relics / Ornaments / Weapon / Defensive Weapon / Horse Trappings / Gilding Technique / Metallic Element / 成分組成分析 / 分墳出土品 / 金銅製品 / 日韓関係|
1. In this research, we intended to examine the gilding techniques of ancient Japan and Korea. So, we analyzed the gilt relics excavated from tumuli in Japan and Korea, and examined its composition of element.
2. The member of this project is National-Museum-of-Japanese-History and Korean-National-Research-Institute-of-Cultural-Properties and Museum-of-Pusan and Universities in Pusan. At National-Museum-of-Japanese-History, we used a scanning electron microscope with a X-ray microanalyzer.
3. The samples for analysis are personal-ornaments, weapon, defensive-weapon, horse-trappings that excavated from tumuli in Silla, Kaya, Japan.
As the results of analysis for the ancient relics, we found several basic techniques.
(1) Gilding technique was found in ornaments, weapon, defensive-weapon, horse-trappings.
(2) The gold layer was very thin, and plated by an amalgam method.
(3) There were two types of the layer that gold is highly pure and contain silver.
(4) There are two colors with gold. In one of gold layer assumed a white color, we found thick mercury. So its white color of gold is derived from mercury.
(5) Copper plate as base metal shows many types. They include Lead.Tin.Antimony.Silver.
(6) We found particular gilding technique on iron plate by an amalgam method.
(7) By lead isotope analysis, we found that lead in bronze remains excavated from Korea, was mined at China, not at Korea.
Report (2 results)
Research Products (11 results)