Establishment of X-Ray Stress Measurement Method of Ceramics and Ceramic Composites
Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||Nagoya University |
TANAKA Keisuke Nagoya University, Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (80026244)
MIYOSHI Yoshio Osaka University, Faculty of Engineering Science, Associate Professor, 基礎工学部, 助教授 (40029434)
HANABUSA Takao Tokushima University, Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (20035637)
YOSHIOKA Yasuo Musashi Institute of Technology, Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (40061501)
HIROSE Yukio Kanazawa University, Faculty of Education, Professor, 教育学部, 教授 (20019425)
SUZUKI Kenji Niigata University, Faculty of Education, Associate Professor, 教育学部, 助教授 (30154537)
|Project Period (FY)
1992 – 1993
Completed (Fiscal Year 1993)
|Budget Amount *help
¥9,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥9,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1993: ¥2,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1992: ¥6,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥6,100,000)
|Keywords||X-ray stress measurement Residual stress / Residual stress / Ceramics / Ceramic composites / Ceramic coating / X-ray elastic constant / Thin film / Fracture mechanics / セラミックス複合材料 / イメージングプレート|
1. A collaborating work of X-ray measurement of elastic constants and residual stress of Al_2O_3 and Si_3N_4 indicated that Al_2O_3 2.1.10 diffraction by Fe-Kalpha radiation and Si_3N_4 411 diffraction by V-Kalpha radiation were best suited for stress measurement.
2. A new method for measurement of a steep gradient of residual stress below the ground surface of ceramics was proposed by using the glancing X-ray diffraction method.
3. An imaging plate is useful for recording X-ray diffraction patterns, especially for measurement of stress in a local area. The cosalpha method is recommended to improve the accuracy of stress measurement.
4. The X-ray method for measuring the triaxial state of residual stresses in ceramic composites such as Al_2O_3/ZrO_2, Al_2O_3/SiC, SiC/Al-alloy and WC-Co alloy is established.
5. The residual stress in TiC film coated on several substrate by the CVD method was a function of the difference in the coefficient of thermal expansion.
6. The c-axis of AIN films deposited on glass by sputtering is perpendicular to the specimen surface. A new method was proposed for stress measurement of such films.
7. Composite coating of SiC and TiC by the CVD method does not have a strong texture, and need the triaxial stress analysis.
8. Grinding residual stresses of Si_3N_4, Al_2O_3 and ZrO_2 were compression on the surface and decreased rapidly beneath the surface.
9. The bending strength of ground Al_2O_3 and Si_3N_4 was increased when bent in the direction parallel to the grinding direction, while decreased when bent in the perpendicular direction. For the case of ground ZrO_2, the bending strength was increased for both directions.
10. The R-curve method was proposed to predict the strength for fracture from small defects in ceramics.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (24 results)