Studies on Groundwater Flow System of Mt.Fuji.
Grant-in-Aid for Co-operative Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||University of Tsukuba|
TAKAYAMA Shigemi Univ.of Tsukuba Inst.Geosci.Professor, 地球科学系, 教授 (20062797)
KAKIUCHI Masahisa Gakusyuuin Univ.Assistant, 理学部, 助手 (60146321)
SATO Soshinori Joetsu Univ.Edu.Assist.Professor, 学校教育部, 助教授 (40143185)
KITAGAWA Mitsuo Shizuoka Eiwa Col.Professor, 教養課程, 教授 (60076792)
YASUHARA Masaya Geol.Surv.Japan Chief Researcher, 工業技術院・地質調査所・環境地質部, 主任研究官
SUZUKI Yuuichi Univ.of Tsukuba Inst.Geosci.Lecturer, 地球科学系, 講師 (70015858)
|Project Period (FY)
1992 – 1994
Completed(Fiscal Year 1994)
|Budget Amount *help
¥10,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥10,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥3,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥5,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,200,000)
|Keywords||Mt.Fuji / Groundwater flow / Spring / Tritium / Stable Isotope|
As 1994 fiscal year is the final round of this project study, all investigators endeavored to finish their study. For that purpose, they completed the analysis of obtained water samples and contemplated on the results of investigations. Each investigator made a report of what they have done for the last three years and a preliminary report will be published in near future.
The results of surveys conducted are summarized as follws ;
1) The distribution of springs in and around the Mt.Fuji is shown in a map and from the map these springs are found to be distributed in restricted area.
2) The mechanism of formation of water temperature of springs is elucidated and the effect of the heat from the interior of the earth is considered to be negligibly small.
3) The studied area is divided into three regions from the results of analysis of water quality. The groundwater which is rich in NO is considered to be under the effect of artificial contamination due to human activity and the other two groups of groundwater are derived from the chemical components of the mother rocks of Mt.Fuji.
4) Based on the study of composition of stable isotope, the altitude of groundwater recharge is estimated and the dominant source of groundwater recharge is derived from the rainfall on the mountain slopes of altitudes at 1000m and 2000m or 2400m.
5) The highest concentration of tritium in the grounwater is 13TU and this fact proves that these are some old residual water which is recharged earlier times.
The average concentration of tritium of spring water is less than 10TU.
For further details, refer to the report papers which will be published at the end of the March, 1995.
Research Products (17results)