|Budget Amount *help
¥20,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥20,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥16,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥16,200,000)
1. (1) Electron mobilities were measured as a function of composition at different temperatures in binary mixtures : tetramethylsilane (TMS) -2,2-dimethylbutane (DMB), TMS-2,2,4,4-tetramethylpentane, TMS-neopentane. It is concluded that a model based on deformation potential theory involving concentration fluctuations can describe experimental results properly. However, fluctutation potentials arising from concentration fluctuations are found to be less efficient in scattering excess electrons than that due to density fluctuations.
(2) Measurements of electron mobilities in n-hexane (n-H) -DMB system indicated that up to 25% in n-H electrons are prevalently in quasifree state, and beyond 25% localized state gradually becomes dominant.
2. (1) Reaction rates of electrons with CO_2 in DMB and 2-methylbutane, and (2) with toluene in n-H and DMB increase with increasing pressure due to volume decrease by electrostriction.
3. Analysis of the electron attachment-detachment equilibrium with CO_2
in tetramethylsilane and dimethylbutane by means of thermodynamic cycles utilizing conducting state energies (V_0) in respective liquids yielded the value of electron affinity for CO_2,0.61 ev, which is in excellent agreement with a theoretical calculation (Armstrong et al., 1994) and an experimental value (Compton et al.1975)
4. Correlation between steady state current and electron mobility was observed when electrons were injected into liquid n-pentane, isooctane and TMS by illuminating NaK alloy with 300-400nm light..
5. Free-electron yields (G_<fi>) were measured as a function of pressure at different temperatures in TMS,isooctane and n-pentane, G_<fi>- (number of electrons per 100eV absorbed) are roughly constant with pressure in TMS,and in isooctane at low temperatures. The G_<fi> goes down with increasing pressure in isooctane at higher temperatures and in n-pentane.
5.自由電子収量G_<fi>の測定 G_<fi>をTMS,イソオクタン、n-ペンタン中で圧力の関数として測定した。TMSと低温領域のイソオクタンともにG_<fi>は圧力に殆ど依存せず,高温領域のイソオクタンとn-ペンタンでは圧力と共に低下する。 Less