Study on Rational Determination Method of Partial Safety Factors
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B).
|Research Institution||SHINSHU UNIVERSITY|
CHOU Takashi SHINSHU UNIV.CIVIL ENG.PROF., 工学部, 教授 (10020968)
KOYAMA Ken SHINSHU UNIV.CIVIL ENG.ASSO.PROF., 工学部, 助教授 (40021026)
MITUI Yasushi SHINSHU UNIV.CIVIL ENG.PROF., 工学部, 教授 (20021008)
|Project Fiscal Year
1992 – 1993
Completed(Fiscal Year 1993)
|Budget Amount *help
¥7,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥6,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,400,000)
|Keywords||SAFETY / ECONOMY / DESIGN METHOD / RELIABILITY THEORY / SAFETY FACTOR / LIMIT STATE DESIGN METHOD / 安全性 / 経済性 / 設計法 / 信頼性理論 / 安全係数 / 限界状態設計法|
1) Extensive summarization has been made with an idea of safety/economy and design.
2) A measure proposed in a style to criticize the partial safety factor method has been ivestigated, and it is pointed out in a concrete manner that the ill-informed points on the second moment method and the partial safety are not adequate ones, although some problems that have been discussed has something to evaluate.
3) When the normal distribution and logarithmic normal distribution which are often used especially because of their easy hadling, are used in evaluating the safety with reliability indices, it is pointed out that there is as a result a probability that non-realistic discussion will be deployed.
4) Concrete investigation was given to the influence of the revision of the roadway live load to be exercised upon the design, and it is pointed out that it is improper to allow passage of the load larger than the one presently used as a result of such revision.
5) By predicting the maintenance cost
of the social capital facilities using the past data, it is explained that the maintenance cost as expensive as the construction cost will be required in 40-150 years.
6) A Numerical evaluation method relatively full of generality has been presented with respect to the economy and safety of the structures.
7) Although a considerable degree of dispersion has been noticed with the safety in accordance with conventional design method, it is numerically explained that the dispersion is minimized when the limit state design method is employed.
8) Schematic diagrams which are intended to allow an adequate partial safety factor to be selected by enabling code writers of the individual design codes and the practical designers to use very easily have been drawan.
9) Referring to concrete design examples, it is examined whether the diagrams mentioned above can be utlized effectively.
10) A program of the structures of the design/drawing utilizing a CAD system in accordance with the sllowable stress design method and the limit state design method has been developed and shown.
11) Introduction of the partial safety factor method to the endurance design of concrete structures has been investigated and proposed. Less
Research Output (9results)