Immunohistological investigations on grade of malignancy of head and neck carcinomas.
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine|
MURAKAMI Yasushi Kyoto prefectural University of Medicine Department of Otolaryngology, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (20095657)
NIN Fumiki Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine Department of Otolaryngology, Assistant, 医学部, 助手 (10254351)
KAWATA Ryo Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine Department of Otolaryngology, Assistant, 医学部, 助手 (40224787)
YASUDA Norio Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine Department of Otolaryngology, Instructo, 医学部, 講師 (00182337)
村上 匡孝 京都府立医科大学, 医学部, 助手 (60210019)
|Project Period (FY)
1992 – 1994
Completed(Fiscal Year 1994)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥3,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,500,000)
|Keywords||S-phase cell lavelling index / EGF-R / FGF / mutant p53 / type 4 collagen / metalloproteinases / カテプシン / EGF-R / EGF / メタロプロテイナーゼ / 癌巣周囲膜 / p53 / がん巣周囲膜 / 頚部リンパ節転移|
1. Proliferation Factors
1) S-phase cell labelling index
(1) S-phase cell labelling index has been proved to relate with the degree of submucosal invasion.
(2) S-phase cell labelling index can be a prognostic factor.
2) EGF-R and FGF
(1) Expression of EGF-R and FGF was observed in more than 90% of hypopharyngeal carcinoma. The highest in all head and and neck carcinomas.
3) Product protein of mutant p53 gene
(1) In 42% of hypopharyngeal carcinomas, mutant p53 gene product protein was observed.
2. Factors related to neck metastasis
1) Type 4 collagen
(1) Metastasis to neck nodes was observed in cases with negative expression of type 4 collagen in perineastal membrane.
(2) Several metalloproteinases may have relationship with expression of type 4 collagen.
(3) Most hypopharyngeal carcinomas did not show positive expression of type 4 collagen in perinestal membrane.
Research Output (11results)