A study of re-entrant type cavity applicator hyperthermia system for deep seated tumor
Grant-in-Aid for Developmental Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Niigata University|
SAITOH Yoshiaki Niigata Univ.Eng.Professor, 工学部, 教授 (70018480)
齋藤 義明(1992) 新潟大学, 工学部, 教授
NAKASE Yuzo OMRON Life Science Laboratory President, 社長
KANAI Yasushi Niigata Univ.Eng.Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (00251786)
KIRYU Tohru Niigata Univ.Eng.Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (80115021)
MIYAKAWA Michio Niigata Univ.Eng.Professor, 工学部, 教授 (50239357)
堀 潤一 新潟大学, 工学部, 助手 (80209262)
|Project Period (FY)
1992 – 1993
Completed(Fiscal Year 1993)
|Budget Amount *help
¥16,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥16,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥14,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥14,100,000)
|Keywords||Hyperthermia / Heating system / Re-entrant cavity / FD-TD computation / Computer simulation / Concentrated heating / Phumtom / Thermal distribution / ハイバーサーミア / 癌温熱治療 / 深部集中加温 / 空胴共振器 / リエントラント / 加温パターン / 円柱状加温 / 励振周波数|
A study is reported of a hyperthermia system having effective heating characteristics for deep seated tumor. This system has a unique applicator consisting of a re-entrant cavity resonator.
1. Computer simulation with FD-TD method was carried out to estimate energy distribution of the re-entrant cavity applicator. We estimate from the results of this simulation the heating characteristics vary with electric constants of heated materials.
2. For optimum design computation change of the size of diameter, hight of resonator and re-entrant does not affect the energy distribution.
3. On the basis of the simulation data we designed and composed a re-entrant cavity applicator and examined experimentaly the heating characteristics.
4. We also designed a wide band high power generator which available for frequency change of various shapes and sizes of the heated materials.
5. Improvement of matching section with pulse motor driven capacitors and computer control system of a phantom temperature was performed.
6. To obtain concentrated heated pattern, experiment of changing the diameter of re-entrant was done. An electric concentration apparatus was very effective for concent rated heating.
7. Measurements of heated pattern varing electric constants of phantoms revealed that the electric constants of the muscle is critical point for concentrated heating in this system. Further development is necessary concering electric constants for clinical use.
Research Products (12results)