|Budget Amount *help
¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥300,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
(1) Terpene hydrocarbon fraction (H_T) of essential oil (E_T) from a trunk of Pinus desiflora masked (blocked/diminished) response by female cerambycid beetle, Monchamus alternatus to oxygenated terpene fraction (O_T) of E_T, with no instrict repellency.
(2) H_F fraction from foliage also masked the attractiveness of o_T, while O_F from foliage exhibited repellent activity.
(3) Crude masking substances X_T and X_F, respectively, were separated from residues (R_T, R_F) obtained by reduced-pressure distilllations of E_T and E_F, using TLC and GC.
(4) The crude X_T and X_F stopped the response by the female, and made her stand still. X_T and X_F were found to be busking substances.
(5) The substances were unstable ; sixty % of X_F in n-pentane changed into other compounds after 10 days.
(6) X_F was isolated from R_F by reversed phase HPLC.
(7) X_T and X_F will be isolated, biossayd, and chemically identified. Then, masking mechanism will be investigated.