An Analysis of Stereoscopic Perception by Color Random-Dot Stereograms on Stereopsis Liitation
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Osaka Electro-Communication Junior College|
KAWAI Hideo Osaka Electro-Communication Junior College Associate Professor, 短期大学部・電子情報学科, 助教授 (80124767)
TAMURA Shinichi Osaka University Medical School Professor, 医学部, 教授 (30029540)
|Project Period (FY)
1992 – 1993
Completed(Fiscal Year 1993)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1992 : ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,200,000)
|Keywords||Stereopsis / Random Dot Stereogram / Stereopsis Limitation / Color RDS / Eye Movement / Fusion / Disparity / 立体知覚 / 複数視差 / 赤外線TV眼底カメラ|
We have measured the eye movements using all kinds of random-dot stereograms (RDSs) and analyed the eye mvements. These RDSs we used are black-and-white and color RDSs. But. they are composed of simple disparity, and also the contrast between the RDS and the backgrund areas is clear. Therefore, we can easily achieve the stereopsis.
In this research, we obtained his response and eye movement results when we presented a RDS on stereopsis limitation to a subject, and we accomplished the stereoscopic perceptual analysis by investigating these results.
1. We found that a impotant factor of stereoscopic perception of color RDS is a difference of the contrast between the RDS and bckground areas.
2. When RDS of right and left eyes is composed of a different dot-size each, we can perceive the depth of the dots corresponding small size only in the dot-size.
3. We made some perceptual experiments on stereopsis limitation by using RDSs with horseshoe perception area. We show this RDS 'horseshoe RDS'.
And, we used two kinds of RDSs which are composed of convex curved surface and concave one as perception area. We show these RDS 'convex RDS' and 'concave RDS'.
(1) The view points when a subject observed the horseshoe RDS, are showed the part of an edge of a mountain of the RDS.We also obtain a result. the convex RDS is easy to perceive than the concave RDS.
(2) We tried to experiment on vertical disparity by the RDS rotated 90 degrees in same direction.
(3) We tried perceptual experiments whe the RDS of left eye only is rotated (〕SY.+-.〔)15 degres. In case of RDS of square shape, we found that the RDS rotated to left direction is easy to perceive than it rotated to right direction. Then. the rotational angle of stereopsis limitationcan was below 10 degrees.
(4) We also tried perceptual experiments when binocular RDSs are rotated in same direction Then, the rotational angle of stereopsis limitationcan was below 30 degrees.
(5) We tried perceptual experiments when the osition of left eye RDS is moved down. Then, the moving value of stereopsis limitation was below 3 degrees in the angle of sight. Less
Research Products (22results)