Development of Unified Analysis Method for Quantum Devices by using both Vector and Scalr Protentials
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C).
|Research Institution||Hokkaido University|
YOSHIDA Norinobu Hokkaido Univ. Fac.of Eng. Associate Prof., 工学部, 助教授 (90002055)
|Project Fiscal Year
1992 – 1993
Completed(Fiscal Year 1993)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
|Keywords||Vector potential / Scalar potential / Lorentz gauge condition / Spatial network method / Finite-defference time-domain method / Orientation polarization / Resonance absorption polarization / Inducced emission / ベクトルポテンシャル / スカラーポテンシャル / ローレンツゲージ条件 / 空間回路網法 / 有限差分時間領域法 / 配向分極 価回路 / 共鳴吸収分極 / 誘導放出 / 配向分極 / 磁気ベクトルポテンシャル / 電気ベクトルポテンシャル / 空間回路網 / 境界条件 / 媒質条件 / 分極 / 集中定数等価回路|
The achievements from 1992 to 1994 by the project of Grant-in-Aid for Scientific research concernedare as follows.
(1) The fundamental analysis method for analyzing unificately the vector and scalar potentials involving medium conditions is induced under the Lorentz gauge condition.
(2) The Meisner effect can be easily analyzed by using the caracteristic equation presented with the vector potentaial.
(3) The treatment of the medium conditions expressed by the polarization in each lattice point in this method is applied to the orientation polarization, the resonance absprption polarization, and the non-magnetized plazma. It is shown that the formulation by the vector potential is simpler than that by the electromagnetic variables and brings about the saving of both the memory storages and computation times.
**The contents in (2) and (3) show the relization of the direct expression of medium conditions by the vector potential and the resultant effectiveness of the proposed method.
(4) It is s
hown that the treatment for the resonance absorption in (3) can be immediately applied to the active induced emission property by introducing negative polarizability. This formulation enables to simulate the maser and laser mechanisms.
**These treatments of resonance absorption and indeced emission properties gives the funamental interaction between electromagnetic fields and the device properties including quantum effects. On the quantum theory, these aborption and emission properties of electromagnetic energy is explained by the transition mechanism between energy bands. Therefore, the strict introduction of the quantum effect to the proposed method can be performed by adopting the adequate formulas such the Schrodinger equation for estimating the transition mechanism with external electromagnetic field conditions.
(5) In addition to the Spatial Network Method (SNM) in which the rigid proof for the formulation can be performed, the application to the Finite-Difference and Time-Domain method (FD-TD) which shows the advantage in performing efficient computation for some cases of problems.
(6) To increase the generality of the method, the application to the Hertz vector is also achieved. Less
Research Output (6results)