Interdisciplinary Study on the Folklore of Bedouin in Egypt.
Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||HYOGO UNIVERSITY OF TEACHER EDUCATION|
MIZUNO Nobuo Prof., Hyogo Univ. of Teacher Education, 学校教育学部, 教授 (50032511)
NISHIO Tetsuo Research Assistant, Institute for Study of Languages and Cultures of Asia and Af, アジア・アフリカ言語文化研究所, 助手 (90221473)
HORIUCHI Masaki Lecturer, Nishogakusha Univ., 文学部, 講師 (10209281)
AWAKURA Hiroko Prof., Chukyo Univ., 教養部, 助教授 (90154997)
KAWATOKO Mutsuo Chief Researcher, Middle Eastern Culture Center in Japan, 主任研究員 (00260141)
|Project Period (FY)
Completed(Fiscal Year 1993)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,000,000)
|Keywords||Sinai / Bedouin / Folklore / East-West Maritime Relations / Folk music / Folk dance / Greek Orthodox Church / Arabic dialect|
1. The purpose of the research.
The purpose of this research is to correct and analyze the original Arabic elements of the Bedouin's traditional folklore and to observe its modern transformation, through interdiciplinary and ethnographic study.
2. The main area of fieldwork : The southern Sinai.
3. The academic fields of the researchers : ethnomusicology, philology, archeology, and culturalanthropology.
4. Project of fieldwork and homework :
(1) To record Arabic dialectal vocabulary.
(2) To record Bedouins' folk-music and folk-dance.
(3) To record Bedouins' folk-tales and poetry.
(4) To decipher the old documents of St. Catherine's Monastery.
(5) To study the roots of Arabic culture through that of Bedouin's.
(6) To study the influences of the Red Sea civilization on Bedouins' tradition.
(7) To study the transformation of the modern Bedouins' culture.
(8) To study the interrelationship between desert urbanization and the culture.
Research Products (17results)