Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||OSAKA CITY UNIVERSITY|
KAMO Toshio Faculty of Law, Osaka City University, Professor, 法学部, 教授 (80047357)
MUNETA Yoshifumi Faculty of Life Science, Kyoto Prefectural University, 生活科学部, 助教授 (70254323)
OKAMOTO Yoshihiro Faculty of Commerce, Chukyo University, 商学部, 助教授 (70211810)
MATSUOKA Shunji Faculty of General Science, Hiroshima University, 総合科学部, 助教授 (00211566)
ENSHU Atsuko Takada Junior College, 助教授 (90175232)
KASHIHARA Masazumi Faculty of Economics, Kansai University, 経済学部, 助教授 (20128763)
ENSHU Hiromi Faculty of Economics, Nihonfukushi University, 経済学部, 助教授 (30168819)
SHIOZAKI Yoshimitsu Faculty of Technology, Kobe University, 工学部, 助教授 (20127369)
NISHIZAWA Nobuo Graduate School for Studies on International Cooperatin, Kobe University, 大学院・国際協力研究科, 教授 (30164552)
SHIGEMORI Akira Osaka University of Economics, 経済学部, 教授 (70036581)
KINOSHITA Shigeru Faculty of Commerce, Hanan University, 商学部, 教授 (10161530)
|Project Period (FY)
1993 – 1995
Completed(Fiscal Year 1995)
|Budget Amount *help
¥11,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥11,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥3,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥3,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,500,000)
|Keywords||Sustainable Development / Export Oriented Industrialization / Urban-Rural Disparity / Community Based Development / Subregional Corporation / Local Initiative / Development and Conservation / Global Partnership / 東南アジア / コミュニティベースド・デベロップメント / サブリージョナル・コ-ポレーション / 地域間分業|
Succeeding the works in previous years, in 1995 we conducted a series of site visiting researches and thesis making studies. Followings are the brief summary of the geneneral findings.
1) Whereas economic growth of the Southewast Asian countries have been vigorous and spreading to wider area, the pattern of growth is becoming more diversified : in Singapore and Malayasia the high growth has been compatible with low inflation and good balance of payment while in others growth is entailing the latter problems.
The difference of the capacities of states in macroeconomic management has something to do with this.
2) Diversification can be found in the pattern of environmental protection and social development policies as well : in Singapore and Malaysia central governments take initiatives in solving these issues whilst in Philipinne, Thai and Indonesia states do not have enough resources for that.
3) On the other hand, in Phillipine and Thai NGO power is strong in the environmental and soical issue areas.
4) In circumstances, the governance systems in Southeast Asian countries are differentiated into a few types : the strong state type, the weak state-strong NGO type and intermmediate type.
5) Traditional agrarian societies and life-styles in Southeast Asia are being eroded along with the rich natural resoureces. In responding to such a change, transnational communications and cooperations among the countries with different governance systems are urgently needed.