KONCHAN Somkiat Faculty of Agriculture, Khon Kaen University, 農学部, 助手
NARTSUPHA Ch チュラロンコン大学, 経済学部, 教授
PANICHASAKPA スパマート カセサート大学, 農学部, 准教授
FUNAHASHI Kazuo Faculty of Home Economy, Kyoto Women's University, 家政学部, 助教授 (80081173)
THILAMONGKORN Narong Faculty of Science, Chularongkorn University, 理学部, 教授
NAGATA Yoshikatsu The Center for Southeast Asian Studies, Kyoto University, 東南アジア研究センター, 助手 (70208023)
TAKEDA Shinya Faculty of Agriculture, Kyoto University, 農学部, 講師 (90212026)
KOIZUMI Junko Faculty of Foreign Languages, Tokyo Foreign Language University, 外国語学部, 講師 (70234672)
KONO Yasuyuki The Center for Southeast Asian Studies, Kyoto University, 東南アジア研究センター, 助手 (80183804)
IKEMOTO Yukio The Center for Southeast Asian Studies, Kyoto University, 東南アジア研究センター, 助教授 (20222911)
HAYASHI Yukio The Center for Southeast Asian Studies, Kyoto University, 東南アジア研究センター, 助教授 (60208634)
NAWATA Eiji Faculty of Agriculture, Kyoto University, 農学部, 助教授 (30144348)
MIYAGAWA Shuichi Faculty of Agriculture, Gifu University, 農学部, 助教授 (60115425)
SAKURAI Yumio Faculty of Literature, Tokyo University, 文学部, 教授 (80115849)
KYUMA Kazutake Faculty of Agriculture, Kyoto University, 農学部, 教授 (80027581)
NARTSUPHA Chatthip Faculty of Economics, Chularongkorn University
PANICHASAKPATANA Supamar Faculty of Agriculture, Kasetsart University
SUPAMARD Pan カセサート大学, 農学部, 准教授
SOMKIAT Konc コンケン大学, 農学部, 助手
NARONG Thila チュラロンコン大学, 理学部, 教授
CHATTHIP Nar チュラロンコン大学, 経済学部, 教授
原 洋之介 東京大学, 東洋文化研究所, 教授 (60012986)
|Budget Amount *help
¥13,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥13,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥7,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥6,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,000,000)
1. The present research deals with recent transformation of agriculture and rural areas in the Khorat plateau, Thailand, under rapid economic development through industrialization.
2. Major findings is as follows.
(1) The Khorat plateau is divided into four areas from the view points of topography, hydrological environment and land use.
(2) Soil moisture holding capacity, in addition to loss of top soil, is found to be a key factor for sustainable upland crop cultivation.
(3) In rice cultivation, significant amount of phosphorus is lost through seepage and percolation during rice cultivation period, which may be a major factor to cause imbalance of nutrition of rainfed rice cultivation.
(4) Transplanting is rapidly replaced by direct seeding in lowland rainfed paddy fields mostly due to labor shortage, which indicates the possibility for farmers to diversify agriculture and sources of income.
(5) Forest land decreases when upland crop cultivation is profitable, and is recovered when off-farm job is more profitable than upland crop cultivation. Local community plays a catalystic role in this process.
(6) Village industry is found to be based on historically developed network in rural areas to distribute and concentrate information and capital.
3. Following points will be discussed more in detail in the final reports.
(1) Fundamental setting, particularly historical and environmental, of recent changes in agriculture and rural society.
(2) Relationship between economic prosperity in urban areas through industrialization, and economic development in rural areas and changes in agricultural technology.
(3) Natural resources management under dynamic economics.