JENSEN Merle アリゾナ大学, 農学部, 教授
高倉 直 東京大学, 農学部, 教授 (50011929)
TAKAKURA Tadashi Professor, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Tokyo
JENSEN Merle H. Professor, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Arizona
Most important problem on investigations in Japan for prevention of desertificarion and agriculture in desert area are which desert does not exist closely. This study was carried out for solution of this problem, and was a fundamental research to fumble for a new method using technology on communication of still image and information by ordinary telecommunication line. "Research Intelligent System" was used on communication of information from distant place, University of Arizona was place for crop cultivation, and Arid Land Research Center, Tottori University took charge of transmission of message.
1. Outline of Research Intelligent System
This system could get still image and information from remote place with ordinary telecommunication line. This system was constructed with still camera, still image, transceiver, still video recorder and monitor TV. This system had character which quality of image was very fine, time required is short (within 2 minutes) and ordinary telecommunication
line (ATT, KDD, NTT) used.
2. Results in the Current Year
1) Study of Necessary Intelligence for Growth Diagnosis of Crop and Practical Use (1) Study of Adaptability on Desert Area
There was no problem on normal taking a picture, but fixation of camera was necessary was considered on micro taking, And there was no bad influence to quality of image by high temperature.
(2) Quality of Transfered Image, Time Required and Status of Telecommunication Line
Image from University of Arizona was as fine as domestic image. And time required for transfer was a minute and 50 seconds. Above, using still camera in desert area was concluded.
2) Experiment of Crop Cultivation This research was carried out in short term above circumstances of estimate. But it was considered which aim of this research was achieved. Because cultivation succeeded.
Although it existed which problem must be studied, effectivity of this system was indicated.
3. Indication by Researcher in University of Arizona
1) This system is most effective on transfer of crop cultivation technique from advanced countries to developing countries.
2) If the system is used on education, image and information are live text.
4. About Problem to Use This System on Desert Area
On this study problem did not exist. But on correspondence in hard nature, prevention of dust, temperature, power supply and telecommunication line must be studied.