坂本 孝徳 国立教育研究所, 企画調整部, 主任研究官 (10149297)
小松 郁夫 国立教育研究所, 教育経営研究部・学校経営研究室, 室長 (10130296)
KOMATSU Ikuo NIER, Head, Section of School Management
SAKAMOTO Takanori NIER, Senior Researcher, Dept. of Overall Planning and Co-ordination
As the result of improvement and invention of instruction methods in introducing team teaching, we are expected to make more flexible school organizations and management out of the conventional ones which are rigid and class-oriented, let alone realizing the education which meets the needs of each individual. But this point has not been made clear yet in the field of school management. Therefore, this research intends to find out the following points, which include thecase study in France, Italy, UK and USA where team teaching has already been introduced ;
1. The forms of team teaching which have been introduced.
2. The relation between team teaching and the backgrounds such as school system in each country.
3. The effects of team teaching on school management. Through this study we also intend to find out the following points, concerning the introduction of team teaching into elementary and secondary schools in Japan, from the viewpoint of educational management ;
1. The most desirable fo
rm of team teaching to be introduced into Japanese elementary schools and lower secondary schools.
2. Methods to provide team teaching with the school organization.
3. Considerations for making use of team teaching on school management. The results of our past research suggest the following points for our introducing of Team Teaching in Japan.
1. Designing of the curriculum and the instruction requires collaboration with teachers.
2. The instructor in charge should cooperate with other teachers with a commongoal.
3. The leader of team requires professional leadership.
4. Schools must have either a team teaching coordinator or a leader who can act as one, who can supervise and can instruct the whole process of team teaching i.e., planning, doing and seeing.
5. Teachers should step out of their classroom kingdom beyond the framework of grades and school subjects and take their own initiative in joining team teaching.
6. Education Centers in local areas should take initiative in carrying out their inservice teacher training for the purpose. Less