姚 文慶 中国遼寧省腫瘤研究所, 流行病学研究室, 副研究員
TSUBONO Yoshitaka Tohoku University, 医学部, 助手
OHORI Hitoshi Sendai Municipal Institute of Public Health, 主幹
KAWAMURA Mieko Tohoku University, 農学部, 助手 (70094745)
大原 秀一 東北大学, 医学部, 助手 (40223929)
OHORI Shinichi Tohoku University
YAO Wenging Liaoning Cancer Institute
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥3,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,200,000)
A seroepidemiological study in Shenyang city, China, was performed to examine the correlation between several serum markers (pepsinogen I and II, IgG anti-Helicobacter pylori antibody and beta-carotene) and stomach cancer.
1. Distribution of serum markers in the population
Serum samples were collected randomly from the blood donors living in Shenyang city. Fifty samples by age-group (20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59) and sex were to be collected, and finally 380 samples were collected. Of these 280 samples were assayed.
1) Pepsinogen I and II : Serum level of pepsinogen I of the samples from Shenyang was higher in males and lower in females than those from Miyagi Prefecture. The prevalence of chronic atrophic gastritis determined by pepsinogen was lower in Shenyang than in Miyagi.
2) H.pylori antibody : The prevalence of H.pylori infection is lower in Shenyang than in Miyagi, especially among males.
3) Chronic atrophic gastritis and H.pylori infection : Odds ratio of chronic atrophic gastritis for the subjects having H.pylori antibody was estimated at 9.9.
4) Beta-carotene : No difference in the level of beta-carotene was observed between Shenyang and Miyagi.
2. Case-control study
Case subjects were the patients with stomach cancer newly diagnosed in the hospital in Shenyang, and control subjects were the patients with the diseases other than cancer. Fifty cases and 150 controls have been collected until now.
Preliminary results show that family history of stomach cancer, having diet irregularly, favoring salt foods, present smoking etc. increased the risk of stomach cancer and meat, eggs, green vegetables, fruits etc. decreased the risk. Analyses including the serum markers have not yet performed since all samples will be assayed at the same time after the samples reach to objective number (200 case and 600 controls).