KIM Jay OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, 経営学部, 教授
GALLAGHER Daniel G JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY, 経営学部, 教授
GRAEN George B UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI, 経営学部, 教授
CHINO Naohito AICHI-GAKUIN UNIVERSUITY, 文学部, 教授 (70064897)
MATSUBARA Toshihiro AICHI-GAKUIN UNIVERSITY, 経営学部, 教授 (10075856)
WAKABAYASHI Mitsuru NAGOYA UNIVERSITY, 大学院・国際開発研究科, 教授 (40126917)
|Budget Amount *help
¥15,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥15,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥5,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥5,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥5,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,000,000)
At this time of historical change, the existing concepts and the pattern of behaviors defining the management of corporations are considered no longer useful for the coming new eara. Old concepts and the pattern of behaviors must be re-examined and modified, and new ones need to be worked out to cope with the emerging new situations. It is important not only to note changes happening superficially, but also to explore the structural changes that will bring completely new situations to which the coporations need to adapt. Corporations are expected to create a new paradigm of management by transforming themselves through modifying practices of management, institutions and ways of doing busness. Based on the new concept and paradigm of management, more active and effective managerial problem solving behaviors are expected to emerge.
With these research perspectives, research activities for 1993, 1994 and 1995 were conducted as follows.
1. Theoretical Studies on Corporate Philosophies, Organ
izational Climate and Culture, and Relationships among them in Practices.
(1) Collecting research articles, and research materials and information relating to the subject of this study. Discussions and theoretical examinations based on these information.
(2) Examining research articles and materials relating to the changing environment of managment. Discussions and theoretical investigations based on these information.
(3) Based on the (1) and (2) activities stated above, hypothetical research models were constructed regarding, (a) standards for corporate conducts, (b) managerial thoughts and mechanisms, (c) conditions and missions to be an excellent company.
2. Empirical Studies on Management Philosophies, Organizational Climate and Culture, and Relationships among these Factors.
(1) Based on the above 1-(3) studies, questionnaires were developed. By using questionnaire and interview methods, empirical investigations were conducted involving Japanese managers and corporate executives as well as American managers, executives and researchers in the management field.
(2) Examinations on data collected from the (1) mentioned above.
(3) Conducting the analysis on corporations and managers based on the Japanese and American data (anonymity of information sources needs to be maintained) collected by studies mentioned in (1) above.
(4) Overall examinations on research results derived from (3) above.
3. Although the range of research activities was limited, new findings were derived regarding ;
(1) Environmental changes and organizational adaptation to those changes,
(2) Management thinking, mechanisms and practices, and
(3) Methodologies of empirical research.
For the purpose of creating new knowledge and ways of managing corporations as envisaged for this study, the above proposals must be operationalized at the practical level of management. Therefore, the research agenda proposed for this study needs to be pursused for producing more concrete results. Less