Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Priority Areas
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||KYOTO UNIVERSITY|
TATSUMI Yoshiyuki KYOTO UNIVERSITY,FACULTY OF INTEGRATATED HUMAN STUDIES,PROFESSOR, 総合人間学部, 教授 (40171722)
FURUKAWA Yoshitsugu KYOTO UNIVERSITY,FACULTY OF SCIENCES,ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, 理学部, 助手 (80222272)
SHIBUYA Hidetoshi KUMAMOTO UNIVERSITY,FACULTY OF SCIENCES,ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, 理学部, 助教授 (30170921)
SAKAI Satoshi KYOTO UNIVERSITY,FACULTY OF INTEGRTATED HUMAN STUDIES,ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, 総合人間学部, 助教授 (30144299)
HORI Tomotaka KYOTO UNIVERSITY,GRADUATE SCHOOL OF HUMAN AND ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES,PROFESSOR, 大学院・人間・環境学研究科, 教授 (40108981)
YANAGI Takeru KYUSHU UNIVERSITY,FACULTY OF SCIENCES,PROFESSOR, 理学部, 教授 (90037234)
|Project Period (FY)
1993 – 1995
Completed(Fiscal Year 1995)
|Budget Amount *help
¥70,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥70,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥24,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥24,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥23,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥23,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥23,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥23,700,000)
|Keywords||MAGMA / MANTLE DYNAMICS / SUBDUCTION ZONES / BACK ARC BASIN / HOTOSPOT / マグマ成因論 / 沈み込み帯火山 / プレート内火山 / コンピュータシミュレーション / 化学的特徴 / 全マントル物質循環 / マントル / ダイナミクス|
The final goal of our magmalogical studies is comprehensive understanding of dynamic processes occurring in the Earth's mantle. Although the goal may be far beyond our present attainment, we have got some important results constraining such processes :
(1) Degrees of element transpor during dehydration of the subducted lithosphere have been documented based on highpressure experiments. The results can reasonable explain the geochemical characteristics of arc magmas.
(2) Seismic velociry of hydrous mantle materials has been obtained at high pressures and temperatures. The values are consistent with seismologically observed values, suggesting the location of hydrous peridotite layr at the base of the mantle wedge.
(3) Numerical simulation of mantle wedge temperature has demonstrated the location of high-temperature region within the mantle wedge, capbale for production of arc magmas.
(4) A comprehensive model for arc magma genesis, which can explain general characteristics of arc magmatism and is also constrained by the above results, has been proposed.
(5) Dynamic processes associated with back arc rifting, including geochemicale and thermal evolution of the mantle wedge, have been clarified.
(6) Geochemical works on S Pacific HIMU hotospot lavas have provided evidence for whole-mantle-scale recycling of oceanic crust materials.