Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Okayama University|
UEMATSU Hideo Okayama Univresity, Faculty of Law Professor, 法学部, 教授 (60032702)
HATTORI Takahiro Okayama Univresity, Faculty of Law Associate Professor, 法学部, 助教授 (00218504)
SAKUMA Takeshi Okayama Univresity, Faculty of Law Associate Professor, 法学部, 助教授 (80215673)
MORIYA Akira Okayama Univresity, Faculty of Law Professor, 法学部, 教授 (30127592)
NISHIMURA Minoru Okayama Univresity, Faculty of Law Professor, 法学部, 教授 (40127577)
EGUCHI Sankaku Okayama Univresity, Faculty of Law Professor, 法学部, 教授 (10036113)
加藤 浩 岡山大学, 文学部, 助教授 (00204488)
佐野 寛 岡山大学, 法学部, 教授 (40135281)
吉原 達也 広島大学, 法学部, 教授 (80127737)
|Project Period (FY)
1993 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥8,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥4,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,100,000)
|Keywords||rhetoric / culture / education / debate / argumentation / jurist / Aristotle / Cicero / 教巻 / プラトン|
1. This is the full-scale research project of rhetoric, which is attempted for the first time in Japan. Our goal is to get out of the anti-rhetorical tendency, which has had a great effect on the study of foreign cultures in Japan. Out theme is divided into three major subjects ; classics and history of rhetoric, theories of rhetoric, and the applications of rhetoric.
2. Classics and history of rhetoric : We have analyzed the rhetorical theory of Aritotle and the eloquence theory of Cicero. The rhetorical theory of Quintilian is the remaining theme of our research. The special themes such as the relation between rhetoric and social contract in the modern Germany and the fall of rhetoric in the end of the 18^<th> century in Germany were also our subjects.
3. Theories of rhetoric : We have picked up Caim Perelman's rhetorical theory and Roland Barthes' theory of "old rhetoric". We have been interested in Japanese rhetoric such as Sorai Ogyuu's rhetorical theory and Hakuseki Arai's theory of legal mind, too.
4. Applications of rhetoric : We have found a good example of application of rhetoric in Japanese praxis of dispute resolutions. Moreover, we have estimated the significance of the political speech, especially in German politics.
5. Our netx theme will be "legal process". We want to analyze the legal process from a rhetorical point of view.