Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
Obstetrics and gynecology
|Research Institution||Yamagata University|
HIROI Masahiko Yamagata Univ.OB/GYN Professor, 医学部, 教授 (60018364)
SAITO Takakazu Yamagata Univ.OB/GYN Assistant, 医学部, 助手 (00272071)
NAKAHARA Kenji Yamagata Univ.OB/GYN Assistant, 医学部, 助手 (80250934)
ARAKI Yoshihiko Yamagata Univ.OB/GYN Assist.Prof., 医学部, 講師 (70250933)
HIRAYAMA Toshio Yamagata Univ.OB/GYN Assist.Prof., 医学部, 講師 (60238392)
SAITO Hidekazu Yamagata Univ.OB/GYN Assoc.Prof., 医学部, 助教授 (90125766)
手塚 尚広 山形大学, 医学部, 助手 (60261690)
小宮 雄一 山形大学, 医学部, 講師 (70234888)
川越 慎之助 山形大学, 医学部, 助教授 (10018880)
|Project Period (FY)
1993 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥13,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥13,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥3,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥5,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,700,000)
|Keywords||fertilization / embryo / oviduct glycoprotein / Ca-oscillation / microinsemination / カルシウムオスシレーション / 顕微授精 / 透明帯 / 卵管分泌性糖蛋白 / 卵の糖代謝 / steroidogenesis / 細胞内カルシウム / アポト-ジス / 卵子 / 精子 / 卵管因子 / 子宮筋gap junction|
Fertilization is the process including many events whereby individual gametes from the female and male unite to create offspring. This bisexual mode of reproduction via fertilization emerged during evolution and has been maintained in most species including mammals. Although the reason for mechanism of fertilization is still not clearly understood, this process may accelerate the rate of adaptation in evolution while avoiding irreversible accumlation of detrimental mutations in the face of a constantly changing environment. In this series of experiments we have revealed especially following results.
(1) Apophotic bodies in granulosa of human follicles was highly observed in aged group over 40 years.
(2) Fertilization triggered facilitative 2-deoxyglucose transport in one-cell embryo, and 2-deoxyglucose 6-phosphate formation developed along with the maturation of preimplantation embryos.
(3) Intracellular calcium concentration starts to increase in a periodic manner after fertilization in oocytes of mice. This calcium oscillation was inhibited by calcium channel antagonists and pattern of calcium oscillation was changed in older egg compared to fresh egg.
(4) Analysis of sperm chromosome was correctly performed after microinjection of sperm into hamster oocytes even oligo-asthenozospermia of human.
(5) The oviduct secretes specificc glycoprotein that associate with egg after ovulation. Molecular cloning of cDNA corresponding to hamster oviduct glycoprotain was eight potential N-glycosylation sides. Northern blot analysis revealed that a single message of approximately.