YUASA Hirosi The University of Tokyo, Faculty of Letters, Assistant, 文学部, 助手 (10230608)
SEKINE Seizo The University of Tokyo, Faculty of Letters, Professor, 文学部, 教授 (90179341)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,500,000)
Researches are focussed upon following subjects this year :
(1) Analyzing the notion of evil in Christian Ethic, by getting bebnefit of e.g. Max Weber's Sociolology of Religion, or critiques exercised by Nietzsche and Freud against the religion, in the interest of comparing the Christian Ethic with other religious ethics, or relativizing it.
(2) Establishing an outlook which enables one to clarify the possibility and scope of the Christian Ethic in modern world, through critically comparing several historical studies on the notion of evil in Christian Ethic with each other.
Meanwhile following results have been accomplished :
(1) S.Sekine, one of the co-researcher of the project, while comitted in the research of critiques of the Christian Ethic, has been continuing his study as a specialist on the traditional Christianity, especially on that of Old Testament, in order to examine the possibility of Christian Ethic in modern world. Among them, the notions such as "trancecendence and symbolism" , "Wisdom", "evil" and "conscience" are elucidated.
(2) H.Yuasa has studied the arguments and the background of Nietzsche's criticism against Christianity, by means of analyzing the author's conceptions such as "the Dionysian", "conscience" and "evil".
(3) The other co-researchers have contributed their studies e.g.on Hamann or Weber, the result of which is included in the official report of the project.