Development of Authoring Tool for Educational Simulation
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||National Institute for Educational Research|
HORIGUCHI Hidetsugu NIER,Educational Software Development Section, Chirf, 教育情報・資料センター, 室長 (70103702)
IGUCHI Isoo Jumonji womens College, Department of Social Culture, Professor, 教養学科, 教授 (70212751)
|Project Period (FY)
1993 – 1994
Completed(Fiscal Year 1994)
|Budget Amount *help
¥5,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,000,000)
|Keywords||Simulation / Compatibility / Teaching Materal Development / Authoring System / Object Oriented Software|
We have classify Educational Simulations into 4 categories.
1) Table driven simulation : Positions of Objects are controlled by x-y table.
2) Deterministic simulation : Positions of Objects are controlled by mathmatical equations.
3) Probability simulation : Positions of Objects are determined by probability.
4) Competitive simulation : Strategy is determined by the position of a opponent object.
In this research, we have developed simulation executor for simulations of 1) and 2) .
The executor was developed by C++ language which was called the object oriented computer language.
The reasons were as follows ;
(1) the fast execution speed was nessesary for moving maximum of 20 objects,
(2) the independence of objects was useful for defining the rule of each object,
(3) easy to translate codings of executor from NEC to DOS/V and other machines.
Simulation programs will be described in 7 instructions and several parameters.
These are 1) ! Teiji (! Display) , 2) ! Seigyo (! Control) , 3) ! Object (! Object) , 4) ! Jikko (! Execute) , 5) ! Nyuryoku (! Input) , 6) ! shuryo (! End) , 7) ! tyushaku (! Comment) .
Using these instructions, a teacher can describe simulation program quite easily.
One lower secondary school teacher of our project in Science made a Lissaju course within 1 hour.
He finally described the Lissaju simulation in 10 lines.
The characteristics of the simulation executor is ;
1) Simulation software is compatible within several different machines.
2) Three types of autoring systems have been defeloped (for Animation, Mathmatic Functions, Field and Motion) .
3) A teacher can desribe simulation software using accustomed Wordprocessor or Editor.
4) Learners can measure the x-y coordinated by attaching measurement function on the object. Then he can easily analyze the motion of the object using spread sheet type software.
Research Output (2results)