Grant-in-Aid for Developmental Scientific Research (B).
Applied animal science
|Research Institution||TOKYO UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE|
NAKAHARA Tatsuo TOKYO UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE, PROFESSOR, 農学部, 教授 (50189015)
高野 博 奈良県畜産試験場, 研究員
青野 文仁 協同飼料株式会社, 研究員
関沢 文夫 栃木県酪農試験場, 研究員
KONO Tomohiro TOKYO UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE, ASSOCIATE PROF., 農学部, 助教授 (80153485)
TSUNODA Yukio KINKI UNIVERSITY FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE, PROFESSOR, 農学部, 教授 (80217364)
SEKIZAWA Fumio TOTIGILIVESTOCK HYGIENE CHIEF RESEARCHER SERVICE CENTER
AONO Fumihito KYODO SHIRYO CO., LTD., RESEARCHER
TAKANO Hiroshi NARA LIVESTOCK EXPERIMENTAL STARION, RESEARCHER
|Project Fiscal Year
1993 – 1995
Completed(Fiscal Year 1995)
|Budget Amount *help
¥16,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥16,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥4,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥5,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥7,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,900,000)
|Keywords||NUCLEAR TRANSFER / CLONE CATTLE / SERIAL NUCLEAR TRANSFER / PARTHENOGENETIC ACTIVATION / CO-CULTURE / EMBRYO TRANSFER / クローン牛 / 核移植 / 継代核移植 / 単為発生刺激 / 共培養 / 胚移植 / 細胞周期|
The present project was conducted to improve techniques for producing clone cattle by nuclear transfer and to apply for practical use it. The goal of the project was to produce 26 clone cattle from 85 identical embryos, in which the pregnancy rate after transfer to recipient cows was estimated as 30%. Through the project term, all investigators have achieved their aim and the technique for embryo cloning by nuclear transfer was significantly improved. The results are summarized as follows :
1) We showed that about 30 (maximum 43) identical embryos were produced by the serial nuclear transfer system, and live young were obtained from such embryos after transfer to recipient cows.
2) It was showed that live young can be produced from cryopreserved unclear transferred embryos, and that cryopreserved unfertilized eggs can be used as recipient cytoplasm.
3) In co-culture system, mouse fetus fibroblast cells showed high sustaining ability for development of nuclear transferred embryos.
4) Effective activation system that consisted of repetitive electric pulses was established, by which the developmental ability of nuclear transferred eggs was improved.
5) Aphidicolin, DNA polymerase I inhibitor, which was used for synchronizing cell cycle of donor nuclei, was effective to improve developmental ability of nuclear transferred eggs.
6) The present project has achieved the aim that is establishment of an effective cloning technique by nuclear transfer, and total of 40 live young were produced by nuclear transfer.