|Budget Amount *help
¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
1. Toga-mura, Taira-mura and Onagatani in Yatuo-cyo are among the typical mountain village in Toyama Prefecture. Postwar high economic growth in Japan brought about great social change unprecedented in these villages and they are on the brink of community disorganization from rapid depopulation.
2. Various measures against depopulation were taken in these villages. As the effective measures for community revitalization, the regional development has recently given priority to the cultural aspect over the economic aspect of community life.
3. In such regional development, tradition I these villages should not be brought down, but it should be made the best use of in order to revitalize communities. Thus the community revitalization that makes the best use of tradition in Toga-mura comes to public notice.
4. According to the replies submitted to our questionnaires conducted on villagers, less than half replied that they wanted to live permanently in Toga-mura. So, the perspective toward future is not so bright, but they show positive attitude toward participation in traditional community events and succession and development of village traditional cultures.
5. In order to build a vital cultural village, the variegated unique events, such as "Soba Festival", "World Performing Arts Festival" and "Mountain Festival", are performed by villagers actively and cooperatively in Toga-mura. These events make the best use of village traditional cultures and contribute greatly to community revitalization in this village.