|Budget Amount *help
¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
This research aims at analysing the relationship between company and community, concentrating on the corporate philanthropy. For this purpose, four investigations are carried out.
1. Gathering materials on the corporate philanthropy and hearing survey on some advanced cases.
2. An investigation on the corporate philanthropy under Yamaguchi prefecture.
3. Hearing survey on some activities for corporate citezenship under the industrial city.
4. An investigation on residents' consciousness for these activities of corporations.
Findings through these investigations are as follows.
1. It is said that the corporate philanthropy has become nationwide since 1990, and the corporations' inrerest in philanthropy under Yamaguchi prefecture rise high as well.
2. There's a tendancy that the corporate philanthropy becomes active in accordance with strength of the relationship between company and community, and that the philanthropy lasts in spite of business results once it has been started.
3. The corporati
on networks in community are in layrs, and then social contribution is carried out through not only sole company but also the grouping of enterprises and networks in the community.
4. It is not always said that resients' recognition on the corporate philanthropy is high, but it is sure that the corporations' activity will have an effect on residents. Moreover it is possible that the corporation accepts a part to improve community culture through "Mesenat" .
5. The corporation thinks it an important part to contribute to community through economic activity, but residents take an interest in the corporations' action for the protection of the environment. there's a great gap between company and residents on how social contribution should be.
As the results, it is quite clear how corporation should be as a citizen of cimmunity, and what problem there will be to develop cooperatively for both company and community. And then it create a stir in a community theory from a view-point of organization. Less