A Study on Accounting Treatment and Disclosure for Leases
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C).
|Research Institution||University of Tsukuba|
KAKO Yoshihito University of Tsukuba, Socio-Economic Plannir Professor, 社会工学系, 教授 (50094967)
|Project Fiscal Year
1993 – 1994
Completed(Fiscal Year 1994)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
|Keywords||leases / fainance lease / operating lease / off-balance-sheet transaction / accounting treatment / accounting disclosure / リ-ス / ファイナンス・リ-ス / オペレーティング・リ-ス / オフ・バランス取引 / 会計処理 / 開示基準 / リース取引 / ディスクロージャー / オフバランス取引 / オンバランス化 / 会計情報|
(1) Classification of Leases :
Leases should be classified (a) finance lease and (b) operating lease.
Whether a lease is a finance lease or operating lease depends on the subatance of the transaction rather than the form of the contract.
(2) Accounting for Finance Leases :
Finance lease is (a) a lease that both lessor and leassee can not cancel the lease contract, and (b) a lease that all the risk and the economic benefit incident to the use of an asset ought to be transferred from lessor to lesses.
(1) A finance lease whose title may be eventually transferred should be treated as the same transaction as an usual buying and selling.
(2) The other finance lease should be also treated as the same transaction as an usual buying and selling in principle. However, finance lease whose title may not eventually be transferred can be treated as the same as usual rental transaction.In this case, the equivalent information as the finance lease which is trearted as the same transaction as an usual buying and selling should be disclosed as supplementary information.
(3) Accounting for Operating leases :
(1) Operating lease is a lease other than a finance lease.
(2) The future rental payments under non-cancellable operating leases of more than one year and the periods in which they will become due should be disclosed as supplementary information.
Research Output (18results)