ANALYSIS ON EXPRESSION OF TUMOR RELATED ANTIGEN AND ITS CLINICAL APLLICATION IN ORAL CANCERS.
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||YAMAGUCHI UNIVERSITY|
TSUJI Tatsuo YAMAGUCHI UNIVERSITY,DEPT.OF ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY,INSTRUCTOR, 医学部・附属病院, 助手 (70144954)
SASAKI Kohsuke YAMAGUCHI UNIVERSITY SECOND DEPARTMENT OF PATHOLOGY PROFESSOR AND CHAIRMAN, 医学部, 教授 (80116722)
|Project Period (FY)
1993 – 1995
Completed(Fiscal Year 1995)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
|Keywords||IMMUNOHISTOCHEMISTRY / FISH / p53 / PCNA / DNA PLOIDY / ORAL CANCER / Oral camcer / Immunohisto chemistry / chromosome 17 / p53癌抑制遺伝子 / 増殖細胞核抗原 / DNA aneuploidy / フローサイトメトリー / 免疫組織化学 / 口腔癌|
(1) The immunohistochemical staining of p53 protein was observed in cancer tissues and normal epithelium. Immunoriactivity of p53 and PCNA showed similarities in staining on sqaumous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity, and that p53 score was smaller than PCNA score.
(2) The expression of p53 protein was commonly involved in malignant salivary gland tumor and the p53 positive rate was different among various histological types of malignant salivary gland tumors.
(3) Numerical aberrations of chromosomes were investigate in oral tumors by fluorescence in situ hybridization, and suggested that numerical aberrations of chromosme occur during the development of malignant tumors of the oral cavity.
(4) The expression of tenascin was observed not only tumor cells but also subepithelial border and in various salivary gland tumors. Therefore, it seemed to be implicated in these phenomena.
(5) The expression of p53 protein and PCNA was immunohistochemically examined. The immunoreactivity for p53 prote
in wwas defferent among various malignant salivary gland tumors. p53 protein was more frequently detectable in PCNA positive cases than in negative cases.
(6) The cytoplasmic p53 protein expression was observed in the normal cells adjacent to p53 positive carcinomas, but none of the normal cells were positive in the tissue surrounding p53 negative carcinomas. Cytoplasmic expression of p53 protein in salivary gland tissues seems to be correlated with tumorigenesis.
(7) The PCNA labeling index was higher in squamous cell carcinomas than in other benign oral lesions. Survival curve of the patients who were negative for p53 was significantly more favorable than for patients who were positive for p53.
(8) Polysomy of both chromosomes occurs during the development of salivary gland tumors, and its frequency is increased in adenoid cystic carcinoma as compared to pleomorphic adenoma. A single hybridised signal was much more frequent for chromosome 17 than for chromosome 3. Monosomy of chromosome 17 could possibly be significant in salivary gland tumors.
(9) Both of PCNA labeling index and AgNORs counts were significantly higher in squamous cell carcinomas than in leukoplakias. PCNA labeling index apparently increased in leukoplakias with dysplasia and malignant transformed cases.
(10) Polysomy of chromosome 3 and 17 occurs during the development of oral tumors. However, the pattern of aneusomy was different among squamous cell carcinomas and salivary gland tumors. Monosomy of chromosome 17 seems to be speciffic in salivary gland tumors. Less
Research Products (33results)