Effects on Space Image Formation of the Auditory Surroundings of Daily Life
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C).
|Research Institution||Iwate University|
長沢 由喜子 岩手大学, 教育学部, 助教授
NAGASAWA Yukiko Iwate University ・ Faculty of Education, Assistant Professor, 教育学部, 助教授 (70164415)
|Project Fiscal Year
1993 – 1994
Completed(Fiscal Year 1994)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
|Keywords||Image Formation / Personal Factor / Auditory Surroundings / Image Sound / Dimension Weight / Familiarity / Evaluation Pattern / イメージ形成 / 人的要因 / 音環境 / 想起音 / ディメンジョンウェイト / 居住歴 / 評価パターン / イメージ形成要因 / 生活経験 / 空間イメージ / 日常的音環境|
This report is a part of the study program on personal factors in formation of space image.
The purpose of this report is to clarify the correlation of the formation of space image with the subjects' auditory surroundings of daily life. Two psychological experiments were made by using 'men' and 'running cars' in the picture elements as the image sound sources which would remind the subjects of street noises.
The results obtained were as follows ;
1. Correlation analysis between the reminded image sound and the street space image.
(1) The image sound factor of 'noisiness' had a most great influence on the street image changes caused by sound image sources.
(2) It was clarified that the subjects' personal factors of native places, residential years, housing forms, listening time of music, driving time of cars, and acceptable degree of crowd in the streets, worked to form the differences in street image because of thier familiarity.
2. Correlation analysis between personal difference in structure of space evaluation and familiarity.
(1) The familiarity to the street caused the increase of dimension number and complicated the structure of space evaluation.
(2) Based on the ratio of visual-weight and sound-weight in the first dimension found by the MDS analysis, the space evaluation patterns were classified 3 groups - visual type, auditory type, and fusion type.
(3) The priority of visual and auditory phase was explained related to experiential factors above mensioned.
Research Output (5results)