System Analysis on RDF Production from Municipal Solid Waste
Grant-in-Aid for General Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Hokkaido University|
MATSUTO Toshihiko Hokkaito Univ., Fac. of Eng., Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (00165838)
|Project Period (FY)
1993 – 1994
Completed(Fiscal Year 1994)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥300,000)
Fiscal Year 1993 : ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
|Keywords||RDF / Household waste / Source separation / Energy analysis / Cost estimation / Environmental impact / Energy utilization / エネルギー分析 / 燃料特性 / 重金属 / 揮発性塩素 / ごみの組成|
1. Mass balance, enegy yield, and cost estimation of RDF plant.
1) Mass balance was estimated on composition base by using operation data and author's survey.
2) Energy yield coefficient, defined by energy analysis technique, are positive for three RDF plants. Those for other two plants could be improved if the drying efficiency of refuse and the working ratio of the plant were improved.
3) The total cost of RDF production, the sum of operation cost and construction cost, is 30-50 thousand yen per ton of input refuse for a midium size plant as 10t/d.
2. Environmental impact
Heavy metal contents in RDF,and in burned residue are less than those in unprocessed combustible waste, and in waste incineration residue, respectively. Both are satisfactory to landfilling criteria. When burned, effluent gas meets criteria with simple cyclon device.
3. Model simulation
1) Refuse for RDF production was simulated in three scinario : combustible waste, waste excluding food waste, and waste excluding plastics.
2) Higher plastic content in input refuse leads higher volatile chlorine contents in RDF.So at least 50% of plastic should be excluded before the RDF processing to avoid the boiler corrosion problem.
3) RDF production cost depends mainly on the scale of plant, depends less on the refuse sorting scinario.
4) Less content of plastica in RDF reduces the energy yield to zero. So higher plastic content is favorable though chlorine removal device is required.
5) Possible energy use were summarized.
Research Products (7results)