Radio-controlled helicopter is a new machine for spraying the rice chemicals instead of pipe-duster. The reseach survey has been taken about its utilization for rice cultivation in Kashima Agricultural Co-operative Association, Saga Prefecture in 1993 and 1994. The research results were as follows,
(1) Sprayng for rice with a helicopter required about 8 minutes per hectare under the improved large paddy field condition, and its work performance was almost same compared with a pipe-duster.
(2) Flying was divided by the repacking of chemicals, because of the small capacity on board.
(3) It was possible to fly on stabilty until 4 meters per second of wind velocity.
(4) The dispersion and comlication of field sprayd by the helicopter was reduced mainly the utilization effects.
(5) It is important to enlarge the area of field and crop sprayd by the helicopter for cutting down its operating cost.
(6) The helicopter was operated on 344 hectares of paddy field in 1994, and the fixed cost for operating was 9,467 yen per hectare, the variable cost was 1,273 yen, and the chemicals cost (twice) was 24,500 yen in Kashima.