Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Tokyo University of Foreign Studies|
YAJIMA Hikoichi ILCAA,Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, アジア・アフリカ言語文化研究所, 教授 (90014472)
PETROV Petar Bulgarian Academy of Science, 高等研究員
GUVENC Bozkurt The Presidential Office of the Republic of Turkey, 主席補佐官(文化担当
鈴木 均 アジア経済研究所, 研究員
TERAJIMA Kenji Chiba Univ.Faculty of Letters, 文学部, 非常勤講師
SAHARA Tetsuya Tokyo Metropolitan Univ.Faculty of Humanities, 人文学部, 助手 (70254125)
IIZUKA Masato ILCAA,Tokyo Univ.of Foreign Studies, アジア・アフリカ言語文化研究所, 助手 (90242073)
SHINMEN Yasushi ILCAA,Tokyo Univ.of Foreign Studies, アジア・アフリカ言語文化研究所, 助教授 (10235781)
KUROKI Hidemitsu ILCAA,Tokyo Univ.of Foreign Studies, アジア・アフリカ言語文化研究所, 助教授 (20195580)
NISHIO Tetsuo ILCAA,Tokyo Univ.of Foreign Studies, アジア・アフリカ言語文化研究所, 助教授 (90221473)
HAYASHI Tooru ILCAA,Tokyo Univ.of Foreign Studies, アジア・アフリカ言語文化研究所, 助教授 (20173015)
HANEDA Koichi ILCAA,Tokyo Univ.of Foreign Studies, アジア・アフリカ言語文化研究所, 助教授 (90092460)
NAGATA Yuzo ILCAA,Tokyo Univ.of Foreign Studies, アジア・アフリカ言語文化研究所, 教授 (20014508)
NAKANO Akio ILCAA,Tokyo Univ.of Foreign Studies, アジア・アフリカ言語文化研究所, 教授 (70014470)
KAMIOKA Koji ILCAA,Tokyo Univ.of Foreign Studies, アジア・アフリカ言語文化研究所, 教授 (80014512)
CUVENC Bozku トルコ共和国大統領府, 主席補佐官(文化担当
|Project Period (FY)
1994 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥38,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥38,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥10,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥10,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥12,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥12,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥14,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥14,900,000)
|Keywords||Muslim Area / migration / symbiotic system / mausoleum / weekly market / the Black Sea / the Mediterranean Sea / the Indian Ocean / Central Asia / 中国沿岸部 / 中央アジア / イラン / 湾岸地域 / 巡礼 / ブルガリア / トルコ / ギリシア / シリア / エジプト|
The general objective of our three year project is to investigate how the symbiotic social systems function within the heterogeneous and migration-oriented societies where Muslims are in majority. Geographically our project covered the vast area including Eastern Europe and Turkey westernmost and the Chinese coast easternmost. Special attention was paid to pieties toward local mausoleums.
In each year emphasis was put on different regions : the Black Sea and Mediterranean coasts of Bulgaria and Turkey (1994) ; the Persian Gulf coast in Iran and Pakistan (1995) ; and the Central Asia and the chinese coast area (1996).
The main results of our project are as follows :
1. Pieties toward local mausoleums are quite widespread in the Muslim societies.
2. Pieties toward local mausoleums, eapecially those toward Hizr mausoleums, have an important function for heterogeneous members of societies to be united.
3. Our reseasrch in Turkey has revealed that the cult of Hizr is also widespread there and th
at a lot of local varieties are observed.
4. From our research in the Persian Gulf region it has been made clear that Hizr mausoleums are widely distributed in the Persian Gulf and in the Indus valley and that it functions as the cult of fishermen.
5. Based on our research in China we have reached such hypothesis that the cult of Hizr, brought to China in Nan-Song period, had an influence on the Mazu cult in China.
6. In Central Asia, we have also found widely distributed Islam mausoleums, which have the same function in uniting different members of heterogeneous societies as hizr mausoleums have in other regions.
Some supplementary researches were also carried out. In Israel, Oman and Uzbekistan ethno-and sociolinguistic research was made for collecting data on the symbiosis in multi-religious and multi-lingual societies.
All the results of our project shows that in a heterogeneous and multi-strata society in Muslim area a certain social systems, such as the cult of Hizr, play an important role to maintain the symbiosis of different members of a society. Less