Grant-in-Aid for International Scientific Research.
|Research Institution||KYOTO UNIVERSITY|
INOUE Tamiji Center for Ecological Research, Kyoto University, 生態学研究センター, 教授 (90109041)
LEE Hua Seng Forest Department Sarawak, 研究担当次官
HAMID Abang サラワク林野庁, 研究員
市岡 孝朗 名古屋大学, 農学部, 助手 (40252283)
寺内 良平 京都大学, 理学部, 助手 (50236981)
永益 英敏 京都大学, 総合人間学部, 助手 (90218024)
山根 正気 鹿児島大学, 理学部, 助教授 (30145453)
市野 隆雄 香川大学, 農学部, 助教授 (20176291)
加藤 真 京都大学, 総合人間学部, 助教授 (80204494)
湯本 貴和 京都大学, 生態学研究センター, 助教授 (70192804)
ABANG A.Hami サラワク林野庁, 研究員
LEE HuaSeng サラワク林野庁, 研究担当次官
山岡 亮平 京都工芸繊維大学, 繊維学部, 助教授 (00111948)
HAMID Abang.A Forest Department Sarawak
ICHIOKA Takao Faculty of Agriculture, Nagoya University
NAGAMASU Hidetoshi College of Liberal arts and Sciences, Kyoto University
YAMAOKA Ryohei Faculty of Textile, Kyoto University of Industrial Art and Textile
YUMOTO Takakazu Center for Ecological Research, Kyoto University
KATO Makoto College of Liberal arts and Sciences, Kyoto University
|Project Fiscal Year
1994 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥24,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥24,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥7,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥8,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥8,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,800,000)
|Keywords||tropical rainforest / mixed dipterocarp forest / environmental fluctuations / plant reproduction system / plant-animal interactions / pollination mutualism / population dynamics / genetic structure / 熱帯雨林 / 混交フタバガキ / 環境変動 / 植物繁殖システム / 動植物相互作用系 / 送粉共生系 / 個体群動態 / 遺伝構造 / 混交フタバガキ林|
1. Plant Phenology : More than 600 plants of trees, climbers and epiphytes were tagged individually, and have been recorded their reproductive activities from flowering to fruiting as well as their leaf phenology twice a month for 4 years. Now the data are under analysis. During mass-flowering period in February-November, 1996, plants of 189 genus 402 species bloomed including 381 trees (69.3%) out of 550 of 66 species (34.4%) out of 192 which have been monitoring, and recorded their flowering sequence.
2. Insect Trapping : Insect trapping by UV light has been carried out once a month for 4 years at 4 localities (forest floor, middle tree layr 17.4m, emergent layr 35m, and canopy gap). Identification and analysis are undergoing.
3. Animal-plant Interactions : Pollinators were recorded on plants of 107 genus 160 species during mass-flowering period in February-November, 1996. Most of them had no record of flowering for these 4 years. Seed predation and seed dispersal were studied for canopy and emergent trees of the Dipterocarpaceae and others.
4. Plant reproduction system/genetic structure : DNA samples have already collected for Dryobalanopsis and Shorea species of the Dipterocarpaceae and 20 species of the Zingiberaceae. These materials are under analyzing.
5. Plant and Insect Specimen Management : Many fertile specimen were obtained in mass flowering period, which have not collected for these 4 years. Huge number of insects, especially pollinators and seed predators were also collected in mass flowering period.
6. Publications : Results obtained in this study are in submitting or have already published in scientific journals. English report of this research project is now in preparation.