劉 成漢 西南農業大学, 水産系, 教授
陳 宜瑜 中国科学院, 水生生物研究所, 所長
伍 漢霖 上海水産大学, 魚類研究室, 教授
植田 徹 九州大学, 農学部, 助手 (60243945)
大嶋 雄治 九州大学, 農学部, 助手 (70176874)
赤井 裕 千葉県立中央博物館, 学芸研究員 (60250130)
上田 高嘉 宇都宮大学, 教育学部, 助教授 (40125810)
新井 良一 国立科学博物館, 動物第二研究室長 (80000131)
LIU Chen han Southwest Agricul.Univ., Prof.
CHEN Yiyu Inst.Hydrobiol., Chinese Acad.Sci.
WU Han-ling Shanghai Fish.Univ., Prof.
UEDA Toru Kyushu Univ., Assist.Prof.Fac.of Agriculture
AKAI Yutaka Nat.Sci.Mus. & Inst., Chiba, Researcher
OSHIMA Yuji Kyushu Univ., Assist.Prof.Fac.of Agriculture
ARAI Ryoichi Nat.Hist.Mus., Tokyo, Curator
UEDA Takayoshi Utsunomiya Univ., Assoc.Prof.Fac.of Education
From Sept.1 to 30,1994, S.Kimura, R.Arai, T.Ueda and Y.Akai visited P.R.China. First 9 days, we stayd the laboratory of Prof. Wu Han-lin (Shanghai Fisheries University) and examined preserved specimens of Chinese bitterlings (Cyprinidae, Acheilognathinae). From Sept.10 to 13, we visited the Government of Anhui Province (Hofei), and collected bitterling specimens for mitochondrial DNA analysis in the fields of Hofei. Also we carried out chromosome experiments. From Sept.14 to 20, we stayd the laboratory of Prof. Chen Yiyu (Director, Institute of Hydrobiology, Academia Sinica, Wuhan), and examined many preserved bitterling specimens. Finally, we visited the laboratory of Prof. Liu Chen Han (Southwest Agricaltural University, Chongqing), collecting specimens for mitochondrial DNA analysis and carrying out chromosome experiments.
Results of the present project are as follows.
1. We observed and recognized 25 species of Chinese bitterlings, and found many specimens which were difficult to be
identified. There are necessary for us to examine more details of their morphological characters.
2. We found some specimens of Kazetoge-tanago, Rhodeus atremius from Zhejiang Province. This species is very characteristic in the followings : 1) until now this has been reported to occur in northern Kyushu, and 2) a chromosome number is 2n=46, which has not yet been known from Chinese bitterlings.
3. In Shanghai and Wuhan, we obtained new information on a taxonomic status and geographic distribution of Acheilognathus meridianus, which was known from Guangxi and Zhejiang Provinces. According to our examinations on syntypes of this species at Institute of Hydrobiology, A.meridianus may be a junior synonym of A.lanchiensis described first from Zhejiang Province. Also, we found specimens of A.meridianus from Guangxi, Guizhon, Jiangxi Provinces and Shanghai City.
4. As regards to karyotype of Chinese bitterlings, we obtained the results that 4 species of Acheilognathus are 2n=44 and 2 species of Rhodeus are 2n=48. Besides, we tried to compare an ordinal and a newly devised methods for chromosome experiment. A new technique needs neither to cut tissue with a scissors and nor to centrifuge. If this method can produce good chromosome figures, it will be very convenient for the field works. At present, we took suitable effects from some specimens by this new technique.
5. We compared the sequence of mitochondrial cytochrome b between Nippon-baratanago R.ocellatus kurumeus from Kyushu and Tairiku-baratanago R.ocellatus ocellatus from Anhui Province. Twenty nine bps were different in 307 bps and genetic diversity was calculated at 0.11. Both subspecies were so alike in external morphology that identification of them is difficult in some specimens. But, it may be easy to distinguish each other with mitochondria DNA analysis.
遺伝子DNA解析:九州産ニッポンバラタナゴR.ocellatus kurumeusと安徽省産タイリクバラタナゴR.ocellatus ocellatusのミトコンドリアチトクロムb遺伝子の307塩基配列を比較したところ,29塩基が異なっていた.その遺伝距離を計算すると0.11となり,両亜種は形態が酷似するにもかかわらず,遺伝的には離れていることがわかった.これからも中国産の他の種類について,この新しい手法による分類や系統の検討をさらに進めたい。