Grant-in-Aid for International Scientific Research.
|Section||Joint Research .|
|Research Institution||Hokkaido University|
NAKAMURA Takao Research Institute for Electronic Science, Hokkaido University, Associate Professor, 電子科学研究所, 助教授 (00142654)
ALLEN H.Nuge オーストラリア, ニュー・サウス・ウエールズ大学・大学院・生体工学研究科, 研究員
KLAUS Schind オーストラリア, ニュー・サウス・ウエールズ大学・大学院・生体工学研究科, 研究科長 教授
梅津 光生 早稲田大学, 理工学部, 教授 (90132927)
NUGENT Allen Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering, University of New South Wales, Resear, ニュー・サウス・ウエールズ大学・大学院・生体工学研究科, 研究員
SCHINDHELM K オーストラリア, ニュー・サウス・ウエールズ大学・大学院・生体工学研究科, 研究科長教授
藤沢 直毅 オーストラリア, ニュー・サウス・ウエールズ大学・大学院・生体工学研究科, 研究員
FUJISAWA Naoki Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering, University of New South Wales, Resear
UMEZU Mitsuo School of Science and Engineering, Waseda University, Professor
SCHINDHELM Klaus Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering, University of New South Wales, Head a
|Project Fiscal Year
1994 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥5,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥2,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,400,000)
|Keywords||spiral-vortex / blood pump / pump surface property / cardiomyoplasty / pump flow / 旋回渦流 / 血液ポンプ / ポンプ内表面性状 / 骨格筋駆動人工心臓 / ポンプ流量 / Artificial Heart Pump / Cardiomyoplasty / Laser Doppler Anemometry / Pump Flow / Spiral-Vortex|
A spiral-vortex-type blood pump is one of the promising pumps having the best fluid dynamic characteristics to control the thrombus formation inside the pump. To develop a total system of the pump and for an application of it to the cardiomyoplasty, following studies have been conducted.
(1) A new system for the measurement of pump flow was designed, based on a principle that the electrical capacitance of electrodes attached to the pump surface changes depending on the blood volume inside the pump. A preliminary test in vitro has shown excellent results.
(2) An economical method for the fabrication of the blood pump has been designed, using vacuum forming and injection molding. Using the technique, several pumps with different physical shapes were fabricated, and basic performance of them has been tested and compared with each others for the empirical optimization of pump shape.
(3) A new economical ball valve with plastic housing has been designed for the blood pump application. A preliminary test in vitro has proven an excellent fluid dynamical performance of the valve.
(4) Effect of rough surface of polymer materials on the thrombogenisity have been analyzed quantitatively. The surface of the polymer was fabricated quantitatively textured (physical length and interval) with laser beam, and the polymer has been implanted in sheep. The experiments are still on the way.
(5) Basic mechanical characteristics (energetics) of the pump diaphragm have been analyzed for the future application of cardiomyoplasty.
(6) Flow pattern inside the pump has been measured by laser Doppler anemometry. The analyzing software has been developed, and the results have been displayd in animation.
(7) Acute animal experiments have been conducted for test the feasibility of blood pump system. The pumps have shown excellent spiral-vortex inside the pump.