Grant-in-Aid for Overseas Scientific Survey.
|Research Institution||Tokyo Institute of Technology|
KUKIMOTO Hiroshi Tokyo Institute of Technology, 工学部, 教授 (50013488)
LIM Kee Youn 全北大学, 助教授
CHANG Kee Jo 韓国科学技術院, 助教授
MIN Suk Ki 韓国科学技術研究所, 研究員
LEE Hyung Ja 全北大学, 教授
CHOI Byung D ソウル大学, 教授
竹田 美和 名古屋大学, 工学部, 教授 (20111932)
八百 隆文 広島大学, 工学部, 教授 (60230182)
吉川 明彦 千葉大学, 工学部, 教授 (20016603)
白木 靖寛 東京大学, 先端研センター, 教授 (00206286)
LIM Kee young Jeonbuk National University
CHANG Kee joo Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
MIN Suk ki Korea Institute of Science and Technology
LEE Hyung jae Jeonbuk National University
CHOI Byung doo Seoul National University
YAO Takafumi Hiroshima University
TAKEDA Yoshikazu Nagoya University
SHIRAKI Yasuhiro The University of Tokyo
YOSHIKAWA Akihiko Chiba University
|Project Fiscal Year
1994 – 1994
Completed(Fiscal Year 1994)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1994 : ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
|Keywords||Semiconductor / Quantum structure / Device / Process / Characterization / 半導体 / 量子構造 / デバイス / プロセス / 評価技術|
The project aims at the promotion of cooperative research efforts between Japan and Korea in the area of advanced science and technology for semiconductor materials and devices. Research subjects were selected based on the achievements of the last year, covering various semiconductor materials (e.g., SiGe, GaAsP,ZnCdSe) and related quantum structures. Tasks of research were divided into materials preparation, physical evaluation, and device fabrication. Main achievements and activities are summarized as follows.
(1) A study of preparation of porous Si using HF solution reveals that the dimensions of holes of porous Si were strongly influenced by the surface oxide layr.
(2) Epitaxy of Si and SiGe by ECR plasma CVD has been investigated. Dislocation-free high quality epilayrs were obtained by controlling DC bias and optimizing substrate temperatures.
(3) Optical properties of GaAsP/GaP strained quantum wells has been studied. Band offsets at the heterointerface has been determined.
(4) Magneto-optical behavior of ZnSe under an ultra-high magnetic field has been investigated. Effective mass of carrier has been determined by polaron effect.
(1) Japan-Korea Joint Symposium on Advanced Science and Technology for Semiconductor Materials and Devices was held in June 1994 at Cheju, Korea with 8 Japanese and around 60 Korean participants. Topics of common research interests were presented and discussed.
(2) Japanese 3 investigators visited Korea in February 1995 to discuss the achievements of the project.
(3) Korean 3 investigators were invited to Japan in March 1995 6o prepare the summary of the project. Future directions have also been discussed.
In summary, the purpose of the project has been successfully accomplished, with cooperative research efforts and mutual academic exchange.